roofbox

sparky370z

I actually would be tempted - Snowboard rack :surrender:

Extreme sports and all, 'tis a bit cooler at least..? :shrug:

Wouldn't fancy taking the zed up the slopes, there is no way it would make it :lol:

R

Ah true - recent events have proved that!! :drive1

It'd be a damn sight easier taking the boards to Xscape though (indoor slopes 10 mins from me) I could actually take a passenger with me!!

If you look carfully at the pics you can make out the manufacturer of them. I did that before and found them on Amazon. They were a load cheaper, they are just generic bars. They didnt ship to the UK then, and I gave up on the idea, but I'm sure you could find a UK supplier of them ;)

• 1 month later...
If you look carfully at the pics you can make out the manufacturer of them. I did that before and found them on Amazon. They were a load cheaper, they are just generic bars. They didnt ship to the UK then, and I gave up on the idea, but I'm sure you could find a UK supplier of them ;)
The one on the boofquire has HIGHLAND stamped on the side who appear to make gutterless roof racks. Guess it could be a case of working out which one boofquire use and getting hold of one. Looks like boofsquire just knock up the bit in the middle and modify the lengths of the roof bars to work with the Zed

This looks similar to what they use:

http://www.cargogear.com/infolib.aspx?l ... ofrackBjpg

Chris - did you get any further than this with your investigations?

I've emailed them and they do now ship to the UK. You can order directly from the website. He said he would do a group discount for 5 or 10 order too. Group buy anyone....

I'd be interested in what price they can give shipped for a group buy - we would still have to pay tax etc.

Cheers, Will (new owner!)

Boofsquire:

roofrack350Z_detail.jpg

Highland $32 USD

hiuroofrackB.jpg

http://www.cargogear.com/OneItemInfo.aspx?partnum=HIUROOFRACK

They look the same feet to me.

From Boofsquire:

Width Top - 52 inches

Width Bottom - 46 inches

Overall Length - 35 inches

Looks like they use the Highland feet and make custom length bars and a central spine. would be straightforward to get some tube in the correct length and re-create.

By the time to boofsquire shipping and import duty is paid it ends up very expensive. We could make our own!! just need to find a UK supplier of similar feet.

this my friend is VERY interesting, as i could get a roof box for the zed and take that instead of the van to france!

i could easily get some barrel from work and make it to the correct length. its bloody strong stuff but fairly light weight as well. could be a wicked solution!!!!

need to get some of those feet first though!!

Sparky

Another little thing - Not sure if you have the bose or not Sparky but if not the panel where the subwoofer would be comes off to create quite a large luggage space behind the drivers seat. Also, if you take the boot mat out and remove the spare tyre (in exchange for a repair aerosol thingy) then that creates another large space.

I went to France last year and easily got enough luggage in to accomodate 2 for a week inc.tent :)

Sparky, go to halfords and let one of the 'experts' in there put one of those pod type boxes on with a handful of self tappers and a drill :)

Porsche 911's have roof rack fixing points for skis etc so I dont think they will look all that bad on a zed. I would be worried about how they fixed though guys as there are no fixing points on the zed.

I am interested in what solution you find :thumbs: Best of luck :thumbs:

was8v: I didnt get any further as at the time I had a rear mount bike rack for the tow eye. Would be interested in getting a boofsquire for the new Zed when it arrives though, although wouldnt like the thought of it scratching it :headhurt: Never did find a UK supplier, but I'm sure there must be similar out there, and any decent fabricator can knock up the bars.