Cubby Gauge Pod

Wookiee22

I'd like to be able to mount 2 gauges and potentially a switch in my dash cubby (04 model) - not really too keen on the a-pillar solution.

I've seen mounting plates here and on my350z but never any details on where they are available. Are they custom fabricated?

A nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated! :thumbs:

i always liked the gauges mounted down the door pillar. thought it was very B)

Indeed they are ;)

DSC_2643.jpg

Just make sure you get a decent pod for them, I originally bought a cheap generic one that ended up in the bin. Got the RSW pod from envy now, its a damn sight more expensive but it fits perfectly B)

ian yours isn't turbo'd so what gauges are you running in those pods?

Wideband & Oil temp were installed in preperation for my UTEC & FI plans :)

this is where my noob'ness comes in, what is wide band? and doesn't the zed already have an oil temp gauge, or is it oil pressure that we have? (haven't sat in the car for a couple of days forgotten what the dash looks like :blush: )

Wideband=AF/R - keeps an eye on how rich/lean im running. The Z has an oil pressure gauge as standard :)

did you need to set up new sensors in the engine bay, or is the ECU configured to read them already?

i'm guessing the ECU already does the AFR because the ECU uses it, but how did you tap into that?

the AEM wideband comes with a new o2 sensor. You have 2 wires running from the back of the gauge - 1 is wired into the ignition for power (This is how I blew my ignition fuse :doh: ) & the 2nd one has an 02 sensor on the end of it which plugs into the passenger side cat. The ECU is untouched, it takes all readings from the cats.

I can't remember what a good reading for a N/A z is but my AFR is about 16.7 which means my car is running a bit lean :)

• 5 weeks later...