what a different.....

buster

well got to say what a different replacing the front worn tyres for some new bridgestones have made today.Its like a whole new drive.

the handling was starting to suffer and on closer inspection the front tyres(bridgestones)which had been on the car since i bought it back in march 2009 were pretty worn so i bit the bullet today and had them replaced.

cant wait for the weather to improve so i can really benefit from the expence.

:teeth:

I've still got the standard Bridgestone's on my Zed too ... and I'm looking to change them to the Falken 452's in the very near future ...

Personally I didn't think much of the standard Bridgestones and have heard nothing but good things about the Falkens ...

:thumbs:

Will need some myself before long (fronts aren't looking too good). However, still got the same tyres as when I bought it in May, that being a mix of I think a falken and Ventus sheeeite, and yet between myself and my FWD friends I'm the only one who didn't whimper at the snow today and made it to work!

Granted, I had to spin round having gotten stuck on a few hills, but got there eventually... :drive1

F@nnys, no messing! :boxing::lol:

my 050s were good until the frost and snow arrived - might have been due to them being down to the wear markers at the rear. The new sessantas are soooo much better :teeth:

The 050As were not a match for the ps2s in the wet but i can defo say they are better in the snow/ice...managed to drive quite an uphill road a few times no prob...and it had an inch of ice on it!!! :scare:

I have nearly new RE050's on mine and it's a waste of time in the snow. the slightest incline or a bit of deep snow and i'm out digging!

I've managed not to use it while we have had snow over the last day or two but tomorrow i have an interview for a new job. It's not going to look very good if everyone else make it in and i can't even get there for the interview but I'm really not looking forward to get the zed out. :surrender:

Chris.

I have nearly new RE050's on mine and it's a waste of time in the snow. the slightest incline or a bit of deep snow and i'm out digging!

I've managed not to use it while we have had snow over the last day or two but tomorrow i have an interview for a new job. It's not going to look very good if everyone else make it in and i can't even get there for the interview but I'm really not looking forward to get the zed out. :surrender:

Chris.

Makes you look like a bit of a rag an bone man - but this is supposed to work and should save some time digging...

Stick some bits of old carpet in the boot. If you get stuck jam it in front of the tyres. As they turn they will pull carpet under - carpet should grip due to larger surface area and alow you to pull the car out of the little dip it has dug itself.

Keep crawling (remember to change up to second as soon as you can to avoid spin) going till your on a flat bit - then go back and get carpet on foot.

Im going out to carpet our road now...... :bangin:

My Pirelli Pzero's have excellent grip - dry or wet - but in the snow/ice they are horrible! - but to be honest, any high powered rear wheel drive car will suffer in these conditions regardless of rubber - little tip I learnt when I lived in Austria (ski resort) - release tyre pressure to about 20psi - it make a huge difference!

my 050s were good until the frost and snow arrived - might have been due to them being down to the wear markers at the rear. The new sessantas are soooo much better :teeth:

i'm the same, not really struggled with the sessantas on.

as long as your in the right gear and use very little power its not been an issue. agreed they are a summer tyre, but with the single slash design and the wide groove its like driving tank tracks in the snow. :lol:

My Pirelli Pzero's have excellent grip - dry or wet - but in the snow/ice they are horrible! - but to be honest, any high powered rear wheel drive car will suffer in these conditions regardless of rubber - little tip I learnt when I lived in Austria (ski resort) - release tyre pressure to about 20psi - it make a huge difference!

I ran pirelli pzeros on my golf and they were absolutely MINT :thumbs: that thing stuck like glue.

Never thought about letting the pressure out - good tip! Haven't been able to move for 4 days, may give it a shot

Has anybody tried the Dunlop sp9000?

it seems pretty good value. Only noticed on mine the other day, dont ask me how i havent noticed it :slap: i have a bloody nexen on the near side front, i wondered why it felt slippy on that corner when i got it. very embarrassed to have not noticed it

Chris.

Makes you look like a bit of a rag an bone man - but this is supposed to work and should save some time digging...

Stick some bits of old carpet in the boot. If you get stuck jam it in front of the tyres. As they turn they will pull carpet under - carpet should grip due to larger surface area and alow you to pull the car out of the little dip it has dug itself.

Keep crawling (remember to change up to second as soon as you can to avoid spin) going till your on a flat bit - then go back and get carpet on foot.

Im going out to carpet our road now...... :bangin:

If only i hadn't taken all them carpet cut offs to the tip the other month! Luckily my mum lent me her car so the zed is still safe on my drive. I'm sure i will have to use it again soon though so i'll try letting my tyres down and see if i can find some old carpet some where.

Thanks for the advice. :thumbs:

If you do go down to 20psi then dont go much over 40mph... not that its that possible to go over 40!! and also beware that your back end can slip away as the tyre walls wont be as stiff!!

It does work though!

OT, Ra, where in Austria? Did a couple of my seasons in Kitzbuhel.. happy days!

If you do go down to 20psi then dont go much over 40mph... not that its that possible to go over 40!! and also beware that your back end can slip away as the tyre walls wont be as stiff!!

It does work though!

OT, Ra, where in Austria? Did a couple of my seasons in Kitzbuhel.. happy days!

`

A year in Mayrhofen and a season in Sóll - been to Kitzbuhel a couple of times (raced the Hanenkamm!)