Argh B*LL*CKS!!!

Zednick666

Having recently acquired 20mm spacers for front & 25mm for rears (from Husky & Carbon Forza, respectably, thanks :thumbs: ) thought what better day than a bank hol to stick them on. So round to dads to do in thge garage, first front on on no probs:

Without:

DSC01193.jpg

With:

DSC01192.jpg

.... but then, when trying to get the driver side off, wheel nuts absolutely seized solid so I'm guessing they weren't greased last time the wheel was off. Gave the wheel brace an encouraging tap with a wheel brace, absolutely fine! Then came the locking nut, also seized tight... oops:

DSC01197.jpg

and worse still:

DSC01196.jpg

:scare::scare: Now what!!??

Local charlie browns always sort me out, know the lad there, but he's sceptical about trying to chisel the casing away. Gonna call by Nissan tomorrow morning to see if they have a master set (they're Nissan supplied McGuard nuts), to at least just bang the standard nuts on or get a new set. In the meantime, I can't remove the one spacer I have fitted as the key is broken, so I have a staggered, or staggering car :doh: Also F00ked should i get a puncture.

Anyone else had this happen to them??

I've seen the lad in my local tyre place get a locking nut off using a pair of needle nose pliers, and 2 sets of mole grips.

Quite firghtening how easily they came off actually

You shouldnt have any issue getting it sorted though.

As you are based in Wakey you might be interested in a place in Leeds which sorted me out when i bought my car - with balding tyres and no socket for the locking nuts! It will cost yuo a tenner and will be guaranteed not to damage the wheel.

http://www.lockingwheelnutremover.co.uk ... glish.html

Or if you are really stuck, these people will come to you.

http://www.alloyrepairuk.co.uk/index.html

• 4 weeks later...