EBC Blue Stuff

rtbiscuit

just been browsing and reading when i came across new EBC Blue stuff. not seen them before, thought it might interest some people seems alot more suitable for heavier cars and the likes of the Zed. i know greek amn burnt through a set of pads recently, wonder if these might offer better longevity.

some interesting reading.

http://www.ebcbrakes.com/automotive/ebc ... ndex.shtml

http://www.ebc-brakes-uk.co.uk/ebc-blue-stuff.php

They don't seem to do the Blue in 350Z size anyway, or at least their website only offers the Red and Yellow.

Tbh with an endurance pad like that it's going to take a fair amount of time to get any heat into it, although the upshot of this is that it will suffer much less from heat under extended use. Given that when on track you're only going to be out there for 20mins tops on a trackday (maybe the same when racing, depending on track/race, but at a much higher tempo), you'd be mad to try something like this IMHO. Given Greekman's excellent feedback on the quite frankly ridiculous wear rate on the Dixcel pads he's used I don't think they're a sensible alternative for road brakes either unless money is no object, but then if it was you'd get a BBK and a more sensible pad. The other thing with enduro pads is that often you lose sensitivity which isn't a bad sacrifice to make if it saves you changing pads mid-race when you're on it 10/10ths, but again would you want that on a road car? I'm not so sure.

Just my own personal thoughts on it anyway.