Emissions Tax bracket?

Tricky-Ricky

It's all a bit irrelevant really as the cost of running a thirsty V6 £30K sports car means that £200 is neither here or there really. But yeah, Geoff's right. There are a few anomaly imports floating around IIRC, but it's not something I'd lose any sleep over.

*Most* imports regarless of age have taxed base on date of import.

Imported after March 2006 then £400 and imported before March 2006 and it should be £200 odd.

^^ what Stew said. Mine is a 2002 import, but was imported after March 2006 hence I have to pay £405 (just did a few days ago).

Its not fair, but hey what can we do? Tax would be fairer if it was based on emissions and distance travelled, but the government wont do this because its too risky (the income is too flexible, due to some people driving more / less).

Thanks guys, i was interested as my Supra can embarrass any 350Z with its drinking habits ;) but the tax is only £200 odd per year, which helps make up for it :)

And i don't really want to pay double as well as extortionate fuel costs, incidentally what is the average fuel consumption for a 350Z?

Thanks guys, i was interested as my Supra can embarrass any 350Z with its drinking habits ;) but the tax is only £200 odd per year, which helps make up for it :)

And i don't really want to pay double as well as extortionate fuel costs, incidentally what is the average fuel consumption for a 350Z?

One of the most widely covered topics on here. Do a search and you'll find figures for all driving styles and all journey types.

Tax would be fairer if it was based on emissions and distance travelled, but the government wont do this because its too risky (the income is too flexible, due to some people driving more / less).

We already pay tax on mileage, its call Fuel Duty ;) Road tax should be the same for everyone, regardless of engine size or emissions, they are irrelevant to relation to the cost of upkeep of the roads :thumbdown:

Tax would be fairer if it was based on emissions and distance travelled, but the government wont do this because its too risky (the income is too flexible, due to some people driving more / less).

We already pay tax on mileage, its call Fuel Duty ;) Road tax should be the same for everyone, regardless of engine size or emissions, they are irrelevant to relation to the cost of upkeep of the roads :thumbdown:

Good point! DOWN WITH TAX! :boxing:

my jdm is an 03 and was imported in 07 but i only pay 180 a year tax?? no complaining though :lol:

Imported after March 2006 then £400 and imported before March 2006 and it should be £200 odd.

;) It'll be registered as PLG or something then as some of them are.

^^ what Stew said. Mine is a 2002 import, but was imported after March 2006 hence I have to pay £405 (just did a few days ago).

Its not fair, but hey what can we do? Tax would be fairer if it was based on emissions and distance travelled, but the government wont do this because its too risky (the income is too flexible, due to some people driving more / less).

couldn't agree more! A 1 litre fiesta will pollute more than a zed which only comes out at the weekend. Its all a load of balls. :thumbdown:

my jdm is an 03 and was imported in 07 but i only pay 180 a year tax?? no complaining though :lol:

;) It'll be registered as PLG or something then as some of them are.

Yep - mine registered June '09 as a PLG on a JDM '03 and just paid £190. :p:p:p

couldn't agree more! A 1 litre fiesta will pollute more than a zed which only comes out at the weekend. Its all a load of balls. :thumbdown:

totly right but that would mean that our road tax is spent on the roads up keep which its blatently not !

as for per mile they have a system kinds liek tat for diesels down under (NZ at least) they buy blocks of mileage i believe , dont legally need car insurance either !