Crimbo #1

vasser

Funny I checked the sales figures last night 400,000 to 350,000. Then I read that Rage were on Sony BGM and it all made sense.....

If the X factor mob wanted to they wouldn't have mentioned it at all and banned the topic from interviews I'm sure.

The big Christmas number one winner? The record label - that has played the public perfectly! :thumbs:

I kinda disagree - yes Sony BMG are ultimately the winners, but Rage have said much of the royalties will be going to their 'Shelter' charity, which have already had £65000 in donations from the public in response to the campaign.

It's been good PR for Rage, putting them back on the map, and gives the 'silent majority' public a sense of control again... albeit probably a false sense :lol:

I'm happy because I love RATM, and loathe having to listen to Radio 1 brainwashing with the same drab 3 or 4 times a day (we have the radio on at work all day and it's more a pain than a perk at times)

I kinda disagree - yes Sony BMG are ultimately the winners, but Rage have said much of the royalties will be going to their 'Shelter' charity, which have already had £65000 in donations from the public in response to the campaign.

It's been good PR for Rage, putting them back on the map, and gives the 'silent majority' public a sense of control again... albeit probably a false sense :lol:

I'm happy because I love RATM, and loathe having to listen to Radio 1 brainwashing with the same drab 3 or 4 times a day (we have the radio on at work all day and it's more a pain than a perk at times)

:clap:

People are forgetting that rage are donating all there proceed's to the shelter charity...And im sure if there was something fishy going on zach would be the first to voice his opinion...

Now loading my ipod with rages albums :D getting into the christmas spirit :lol:

:lol::lol: very festive!

Me too Nurish, or at least I will Xmas day when I get said ipod - finally bitten the bullet! Just need an FM transmitter now, anyone any suggestions...? Sorry sorry i'm going :offtopic:

I just love the smirk on Zach's face just before he starts swearing, despite promising not to. What did they expect, it's the whole point behind the song / behind Rage!!

This does make me laugh.

Downloading the Rage single to prevent an X Factor winner being No 1 is about as rebellious as buying the Daily Mail.

500,000 people all doing the same thing at the same time because a skilled PR schemer (take a bow Jon Morter and wife) tells them to is hardly Emily Pankhurst stuff.

Sony BGM have racked up 1,000,000 sales between the two acts and have played it beautifully.

Cowell even called Morter when the result was announced to congratulate him and his wife on their marketing skills.

I'm off to bring down the Labour Government by buying Queen's Greatest Hits. Not.