F%*k Exhaust snapped

shieldsie

Cant believe it. Got stuck in work 16 hours today after 10 hour night shift, :rant: due to a mains water pipe bursting tearing up the road like an earth quake. This then damaged gas pipes. Police blocked all roads off has the water was about 2.5 foot deep and like a river. After getting out and setting off home the exhaust snapped on the back joint :bang: Its the pipe that comes out of the back box to the left curls over the outlet pipe and then joins the center long pipe. Its snapped completely off at this joint :rant::angry::bang: I dont know where to start with replacing the exhaust or what sections :angry: What I need, where from, how long to wait, how much. Any help is appreciated.

Hi,

I had exactly this happen to me a few weeks ago. After weighing up replacing parts, replacing with an aftermarket exhaust, etc, etc, I decided to save on the headache and took it to a local garage I know quite well to weld it. I know how it feels that getting new parts/exhaust system may feel like a long-term investment and all that, but I prefered to part with £70 and forget about the issue. The guy put strengthening plates around the joint to ensure it doesn't do it again. ever. :)

I might at some point in the future go and get a shiny new one, but I decided to leave that decision for when I felt appropriate, rather than being dictated by the exhaust.