Snow on its way Brace yourselves!!

stanski

Loads of snow in Watford, Driving home last night was a mare, that zed really doesn't like going uphill in the snow. left it in a lay by for fear of binning it as it almost gave way twice,

lucky im not too far from home so walked the rest, will pick it up later today, i think I'll have to suffer the underground for work :yuck:

As usual the local council have only gritted 2 roads and nothing else this morning- muppets! :shrug: The motorway outside lane was'nt too clever either but nothing too desperate not like our Scottish cousins who only worry when the snow is 3 foot deep! :lol:

... until it's 3 feet deep we just refer to it as a "heavy frost" :lol:;)

As usual the local council have only gritted 2 roads and nothing else this morning- muppets! :shrug: The motorway outside lane was'nt too clever either but nothing too desperate not like our Scottish cousins who only worry when the snow is 3 foot deep! :lol:

Or a light sprinkling, Was it not the start of this year down South got a light sprinkiling and people started abandoning theyre veichles.... :p

Or a light sprinkling, Was it not the start of this year down South got a light sprinkiling and people started abandoning theyre veichles.... :p

Probably , it happens every year ! ;)

FFS !!!

SKYNEWS as predicted yesterday making a drama out of it - they have closed loads of schools already - and the shots in the background of kids playing in the snow - the snow is barely 2 inches deep! :shrug:

Good grief ! is that the teachers wanting a day off to do more Christmas shopping! :bangin:

My old school just closed twice - once when the heating stopped working and when the water main broke - that was it!

We had proper snow in the 70's and crappier cars so why has everyone turned into a fairy now! :blink:

lots of snow out here in Yorkshire (stay at home biscuit!)

I only made it into work because i slept over at a friends house who lives close to the main road and is a lot closer to my office than my house is. I wouldn't have got out of my village in the sticks.........so now i'm wondering what its gonna be like getting home......... I know you lot think its wussy but I do get scared........ :blush:

lots of snow out here in Yorkshire (stay at home biscuit!)

I only made it into work because i slept over at a friends house who lives close to the main road and is a lot closer to my office than my house is. I wouldn't have got out of my village in the sticks.........so now i'm wondering what its gonna be like getting home......... I know you lot think its wussy but I do get scared........ :blush:

Wuss !! :p

I admit it.........i wouldn't drive a zed in snow and ice if i had a choice. More because of the muppets that don't understand RWD and think you are driving like a tit when you go slow or need a run up on a hill so wait at the bottom etc.

I admit it.........i wouldn't drive a zed in snow and ice if i had a choice. More because of the muppets that don't understand RWD and think you are driving like a tit when you go slow or need a run up on a hill so wait at the bottom etc.

Yup , myself & 2 BMW's in front of me did a great job of bringing the traffic to a halt in Aberdeen last year when we were stuck on a slight rise approaching a roundabout on a main route across Aberdeen last year ..... could we go forwards , could we f*ck !. Traction Control off 6000 revs and I "crabbed" my way sideways onto the roundabout !! :headhurt:

Actually, a funny one this morning, Mr Invincible in his chelsea tractor just driving around the corner without adjusting his speed for the snow because he doesn't have to in a four wheel drive............

360 degrees later..........I'm laughing........ :lol: Think you need some better tyres mate! :)

I think its forecast in yorkshire all weekend and monday Stan - and they said this morning that it will be so cold it won't actually thaw............ Markie is supposed to be staying at mine for Panto this weekend and it looks like we may be scuppered..... :dry:

I think its forecast in yorkshire all weekend and monday Stan - and they said this morning that it will be so cold it won't actually thaw............ Markie is supposed to be staying at mine for Panto this weekend and it looks like we may be scuppered..... :dry:

Lucy can hire her Suzuki GV out for a modest fee if required! :lol:

i put this in the other snow thread, but will put it in here aswell, i'm not chuckling to myself at you lot not being able to drive anywhere really !! :p:lol:

wow! B)

this is my first year of having a 4x4 and snow.

i shouldn't be surprised i suppose, but this morning it just drove as though there was no snow at all. amazing!! first time driving on snow hasn't felt like having ice skates on!

last year i found the zed was driveable on snow, but very slowly, and going up any even small hills i just had to keep going and not stop regardless of what was coming the other way or round the roundabout !- i'm not sure i would have got going again on a hill!

i did miss the zed's heated seats this morning though :cold:

i put this in the other snow thread, but will put it in here aswell, i'm not chuckling to myself at you lot not being able to drive anywhere really !! :p:lol:

wow! B)

this is my first year of having a 4x4 and snow.

i shouldn't be surprised i suppose, but this morning it just drove as though there was no snow at all. amazing!! first time driving on snow hasn't felt like having ice skates on!

last year i found the zed was driveable on snow, but very slowly, and going up any even small hills i just had to keep going and not stop regardless of what was coming the other way or round the roundabout !- i'm not sure i would have got going again on a hill!

i did miss the zed's heated seats this morning though :cold:

Just be careful Luce, its easy to be a bit complacent in a Four wheel drive but as i saw when one did a spin in front of me this morning, you can still get caught out depending on tyre type etc. So go steady! :thumbs: