Internet Thieving Scum!!!

BulletMagnet

So it's Saturday morning...and I'm in bed sleeping...still in Germany.

I get woken up by my mobile and it's showing "Blocked", I answer and it's my banks Fraud Detection department asking whether I spent £501 with Littlewoods the last few days.

I reply that I don't shop with Littlewoods at all, upon which they proceed to block my card from further usage.

Now should I need any cash while I'm over here (coming back next Thursday) I'll have to go into a bank and then tell them that my account was hackt and produce ID if I want to withdraw money.

Damn internet thieves!!!

I have changed all passwords to my internet banking and my bank is sending out a new card.

Glad the bank caught it tho, but it's annoying nevertheless.

Bullet

Just been informed by the bank that the day before I cancelled my card, the thief did additional purchases of £200 and then £800, the latter being from O2 Online.

So now I'm in Germany, with very very limited funds and no access to my account in anyway.

I can't even go into a bank with my current Debit Card and passport (Lloyds TSB advisor told me this was possible).

Tired Citibank, my friend here knows one of the account managers there, but even they couldn't help me.

Tried two more banks but still with no joy.

Only thing Lloyds could offer was to increase my overdraft so they could send me emergency funds via Western Union, but that comes with a hefty charge and I also don't want to run the risk of the thieves taking that also.

All I can do is wait till I return and go to the bank the next day, because I have direct debits coming out the day after that.

Merry forking christmas :rant:

Looks like things have taken a turn for the better.

Just quickly checked my account online to see whether my wages this week have been gobbeled up by the impending process of the last two purchases.

I was plesantly suprised to see that my latest wages had not been taken and that my balance is actually showing credit.

Will still speak to my bank manager tomorrow, just to see what the situation is.

Typical, everything becomes fine on the day that I am leaving to go home....