Problem codes with 350Z import - won't start

liquidforce

Hello fellas

just bought a 350z import, drove it home and now it does not want to start and giving me these error codes. When driving home it would not go over 3000 revs - No fun :(

Can anyone help diagnose them better and provide me with what I can do to repair the problem ;)

P0223 - TP SENSOR 1 CIRCUIT HIGH VOLTAGE

P0123 - TPS or APP Sensor High Volts / Open

P1610 - NATS Malfunction

P1614 - Nats Malfunction

C1131 - Engine 2 Fuel Cut System Fault

Many thanks

Martin

Heya, it was a private purchase and I knew it won't rev over 3ooo. The seller reduced it slightly, although it was not a bargain. The second thing is he is in NIreland and I am in Oxford. Rang the guy but not interested. Too much hassle to get it back, I love the car anyway and i would like to sort it.

How do you perform ecu reset please?

Thanks for all the posts so far.

M

Hi Martin and welcome although this is an unfortunate first post. The clever guys will be able to help more but what age is it and was it a private or trade purchase.

Any modifications.

Welcome everyone!!! I think its just standard 350z although it has carbon insert in the front bumper and rear lip spoiler. Other than that standard 52 reg. What I found strange is that it has really thick gold-ish cables earthing the engine.....

I have just done compression test in all cylinders, 12 bars so engine is sweet, which is good news as I have only bought 2 days ago. Put the spark plugs back - all loked fine and drained the battery trying to start it :( im not a mechanic.

again if anyone knows anything the codes, much appreciated

Ta

Mart

Manual Method

Here is a quick way to reset your ECU. It is also known to clear codes thrown, and turn off the "Service Engine Soon" Light. It's a little tricky, but works.

1.Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch to ON and wait 3 seconds.

2.Repeat the following two procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds:

1.Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD).

2.Fully release the accelerator pedal.

3.Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 10 seconds until the CEL starts blinking.

4.Fully release the accelerator pedal (while the CEL is still blinking)

5.Wait about 10 seconds.

6.Fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for more than 10 seconds.

7.Fully release the accelerator pedal (The CEL light will continue to blink).

8.Turn ignition switch to th OFF position and now you can start the car. The CEL light should be gone.

Did you put 95 RON petrol in it?

If your did your car is probably going into safe mode.

In Japan they use 100 RON fuel I think, so 95 is likely to cause pre-detonation.

Fill your tank up with Tesco 99 or Shell V-Power.

It had enough fuel for me to get back home, I filled it yesterday with 99 v power from shell.

No spark and no fuel coming to the cylinders,

I am worried ECu is gone :(

Rang the seller he said he once connected jump leads (high voltage) to the wrong terminals.

Thanks for all the help so faar

Did you put 95 RON petrol in it?

If your did your car is probably going into safe mode.

In Japan they use 100 RON fuel I think, so 95 is likely to cause pre-detonation.

Fill your tank up with Tesco 99 or Shell V-Power.

It had enough fuel for me to get back home, I filled it yesterday with 99 v power from shell.

No spark and no fuel coming to the cylinders,

I am worried ECu is gone :(

Rang the seller he said he once connected jump leads (high voltage) to the wrong terminals.

Thanks for all the help so faar

The person who just sold you this car told you he once connected the battery terminals around the wrong way....

was this before or after you brought it?

do you have either:

1) trading standards number

2) a gun license

Unfortunatly after the sale, i dont want to be crying over spilt milk now as I am not trailing the car to Northern Ireland. If it was London, fine, I can do much more.

I noticed that as there is like a plate next to battery terminal + and that partially melted. So immediatly rang him.

As i said b4 I like the car and just want to drive it.

might need a new battery,

i'm wondering if the cross connection has shorted out some of the electronics and the BCM (as stated above) theortically the fuses should blow and stop any damage from over loads.

I had a spare battery 600Ah which fit there ok, so I fitted that staright away,

Theoretically, any car should be protected from it, but with Jump start - high power one it might have gone somewhere deeper.

What is the full name of the BCM?

where is it located?

How to check if it is gone?

Many thanks

might need a new battery,

i'm wondering if the cross connection has shorted out some of the electronics and the BCM (as stated above) theortically the fuses should blow and stop any damage from over loads.

I had a spare battery 600Ah which fit there ok, so I fitted that staright away,

Theoretically, any car should be protected from it, but with Jump start - high power one it might have gone somewhere deeper.

What is the full name of the BCM?

where is it located?

How to check if it is gone?

Many thanks

Body Control Module: situated beside the fuse box at o/s/f kick panel.

Consult 2 required to check it. (Nissan ) or Abbey in Oxted.

Alex.