Problem codes with 350Z import - won't start

liquidforce

I rang nissan Oxford and they seem to think it could be immobiliser - no spark, no injection of fuel.

and also FOUND that

This vehicle has an immobilizer system that needs to be bypassed during remote start operation.

*1 These are the driver door key cylinder wires. Meter the wires while turning the key in the driver door. Single pulse on the unlock wire will disarm the alarm without unlocking the doors. Unlock requires a double pulse.

*2 The BCM (Body Control Module) is in driver kick panel below the fuse box.

*3 The IPDM E/R (Intelligent Power Distribution Module Engine Room) is between the passenger fender and the battery.

*4 Use both wires and diode isolate each.

*5 The fuel door release is blue/red (-) at the switch on the dash.

*6 The VSS wire is in pin 26, gray 16 pin plug, at the Unified Meter and A/C Amp behind the A/C controls in the center console.

*7 Extended triggers on the power door lock wires will roll the windows up and down.

*8 If equipped, the BOSE amplifier is on the driver side of the trunk.

Tried the ECU RESET, it worked but it is still not starting :(

Spark plugs havn't a spark in them and the fuel is not going into the cylinder

no idea what's going on

Did you read my first post? :)

Yep, nissan will be checking it early next week, Thank you.

It should have been the first thing for them to check :blush:

• 4 weeks later...

hello again

nissan oxford changed the nats antenna 144 and main fuse 50 with 4 hours labour on the top

Since they done it, lights and windows stopped working and i am told i need complete wiring loom, bcm and 4000 cash ;)

bcm does not hold key code for some reason

altogether told me that the car would start after 600 spent - the car does not start and the lights stopped working together with windows

i was told they removed another aftermarket immo

bad bad experience with westway nissan, their service manager melanie butler is a nightmare - rude and unprofessinal

still stuck, car still at nissan

Been in touch with both parties, abbey will take care of it once i have argumented my case with Oxford Westway Nissan.

Would not recommend that anyone takes a bike there, let alone car

it may be worth getting it taken to a independent garage like Abbey. Some members may know of other garages in your area.

Also it may be worth pm'ing R35LEE for parts one it has been properly diagnosed.

Been in touch with both parties, abbey will take care of it once i have argumented my case with Oxford Westway Nissan.

Would not recommend that anyone takes a bike there, let alone car

it may be worth getting it taken to a independent garage like Abbey. Some members may know of other garages in your area.

Also it may be worth pm'ing R35LEE for parts one it has been properly diagnosed.

:thumbs:

Mate, DON'T waste your time at Nissan. They will shaft you with a problem like this.

You're much better off at Abbey. Great that you have taken the right decision.

I had a similar issue in the past with my car not starting. Turned out that the ECU was f--ked. Had to get a brand new one from nissan. Not cheap.

Managed to tow the car to ABBEY yesterday and it WAS STARTING and it was not cutting off ;)))))) RESULT The cold wather must have done it good ;) Now Im hoping Abbey will take good care of it, not ruining my budget on it.

I was offered a stainless steel pipe and airfilter to go at end of it. Is that something you would advise?

Also, visited westway NISSAN in OXFORD and spoke to their Principal Rob - seems like a nice chap - I hope he will treat the matter seriously and refund me at least 50% of the labour cost. What is more important though he is going to sort out their service manager Melanie Butler - what an awful experience that was I would not even like to go into details. The rudest person I have come across in any dealership.

If you are going to meet MELANIE BUTLER in Oxford Westway NISSAN you are doing so at your own risk, so FORGET THE DOG ;)) BEWARE OF MELANIE !!!

• 2 weeks later...
Managed to tow the car to ABBEY yesterday and it WAS STARTING and it was not cutting off ;)))))) RESULT The cold wather must have done it good ;) Now Im hoping Abbey will take good care of it, not ruining my budget on it.

I was offered a stainless steel pipe and airfilter to go at end of it. Is that something you would advise?

Also, visited westway NISSAN in OXFORD and spoke to their Principal Rob - seems like a nice chap - I hope he will treat the matter seriously and refund me at least 50% of the labour cost. What is more important though he is going to sort out their service manager Melanie Butler - what an awful experience that was I would not even like to go into details. The rudest person I have come across in any dealership.

If you are going to meet MELANIE BUTLER in Oxford Westway NISSAN you are doing so at your own risk, so FORGET THE DOG ;)) BEWARE OF MELANIE !!!

:thumbs: is it all running perfectly now? what was the problem with it?

• 3 weeks later...

Investigate faults on valve timing and ignition timing

Ignitiontiming found to be running35 degrees retarded.Found

Found to be flywheel fitted incorrectly.Remove gearbox and

And refit flywheel in correct position.Refit gearbox. 17.50 690.00

Tracking carried out. 17.50 100.00

Cables and loose wires made good under the lower dash area.

it was cutting off as the filter insert and the filter was not there.

now just have to put it together and need

steering wheel with airbag and air box insert or some tuned kn filter

Investigate faults on valve timing and ignition timing

Ignitiontiming found to be running35 degrees retarded.Found

Found to be flywheel fitted incorrectly.Remove gearbox and

And refit flywheel in correct position.Refit gearbox. 17.50 690.00

Tracking carried out. 17.50 100.00

Cables and loose wires made good under the lower dash area.

it was cutting off as the filter insert and the filter was not there.

now just have to put it together and need

steering wheel with airbag and air box insert or some tuned kn filter

:blink: the flywheel caused that! Where had the filter got to? What was wrong with the current steering wheel and airbag? :blink:

good you got her back on the road! Pricey enough to sort out!!

over 11 hundred invoice :(

the wheel is aftermarket momo - no airbag or horn, and esp plays up

the filter bit - not sure

lok at it this way. It could of been far more expensive if a Nissan garage did it. You would have had a new ECU & engine before they got close to diagnosis. Did you test drive the car when you bought it.

Well done Abbey I say

over 11 hundred invoice :(

the wheel is aftermarket momo - no airbag or horn, and esp plays up

the filter bit - not sure

lok at it this way. It could of been far more expensive if a Nissan garage did it. You would have had a new ECU & engine before they got close to diagnosis. Did you test drive the car when you bought it.

Well done Abbey I say

+1 on the Abbey work but still pricey the guy just got the car and had to shell out 1100£ :thumbdown: (meaning he shouldn't have to spend money on a car he just bought)

Where did you get that import from? tbh you'd get better car imported directly yourself from one of the marketplaces in Japan. :blink: I hope it's ok for you now and not turning out to be a complete lemon.