350z or 370z

Laponator

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if it was a case of buying from scratch and never owning the zed i'd possibly go for the 70, but now i have the 50 i wouldn't upgrade to the 70.

i'd meld the 2, i'd keep the 50 exterior, and put the 70 innterior in it.

for me now, when the time to change comes i'll move on to something different. nothing against the 70, but i like to change to something completely differeetn when i move cars. never bought the same brand twice.

if it was a case of buying from scratch and never owning the zed i'd possibly go for the 70, but now i have the 50 i wouldn't upgrade to the 70.

i'd meld the 2, i'd keep the 50 exterior, and put the 70 innterior in it.

for me now, when the time to change comes i'll move on to something different. nothing against the 70, but i like to change to something completely differeetn when i move cars. never bought the same brand twice.

Sort of +1 - wouldn't get a 370 now cos it's not enough of an improvement over the 350. Would prefer something different if I was to change.

I'd defo buy the same brand again, i have in the past and I'm hoping to do so again in the future. I saw a 370z last week and thought it looked like a fat capri. Too short at the back and a longer bonnet. Not for me. For me, Nissan needed to step the power up a fair bit. A 370z still doesn't have as much BHP as a 7 yr old M3. They should have made it at least 350 bhp to make the jump worthwhile for 350z owners..............

A 370z still doesn't have as much BHP as a 7 yr old M3. They should have made it at least 350 bhp to make the jump worthwhile for 350z owners..............

What HP does your M3 put out? 370z is known to run very very rich and adding a few breathing bolt ons (intake and exhuast) has seen an increase of 20+HP in the States, putting it near 350HP :teeth:

As for 350z vs 370z, I'll let you know around March time hopefully :ninja:

A 370z still doesn't have as much BHP as a 7 yr old M3. They should have made it at least 350 bhp to make the jump worthwhile for 350z owners..............

What HP does your M3 put out? 370z is known to run very very rich and adding a few breathing bolt ons (intake and exhuast) has seen an increase of 20+HP in the States, putting it near 350HP :teeth:

Yep beavis is right, 343bhp. When BMW brought out the new M3 they jumped straight up from 343 to 400+, an increase of nearly 60 bhp is going to be very noticeable and makes it very attractive to E46 owners etc. I just feel that going from 313 to 329 to not exactly gonna have hordes of 350z owners dying to get into one. I appreciate its a more modern car and things like the rev matching gubbins and it being lighter and smaller will probably make more of an effect on performance but as they say, BHP sells cars......i think that the 370 is probably more attractive to non 350z owners as I can't get my head round why anyone would pay £15-£20k plus their zed for a 370z???

Yep beavis is right, 343bhp. When BMW brought out the new M3 they jumped straight up from 343 to 400+, an increase of nearly 60 bhp is going to be very noticeable and makes it very attractive to E46 owners etc. I just feel that going from 313 to 329 to not exactly gonna have hordes of 350z owners dying to get into one. I appreciate its a more modern car and things like the rev matching gubbins and it being lighter and smaller will probably make more of an effect on performance but as they say, BHP sells cars......i think that the 370 is probably more attractive to non 350z owners as I can't get my head round why anyone would pay £15-£20k plus their zed for a 370z???

For once I agree with Sarnie :p There is no way in hell the 370 is worth a PX on the 350 plus £15Kish, If I were buying new then it would be the 370 but no for an upgrade, the only vaible 'upgrade' in my eyes s the GTR.

R

Yup you're right, its totally irrational to want to upgrade from a newer 350z to a 370z (ie 309BHP to 320BHP), and I dont think they will get many doing that. Older 350z, like mine, 280BHP to 330BHP, to easily ~350BHP with just an intake, that looks a whole load more attractive. If I had an 07+ 350z, it would be very hard to justify the jump. Everyone I have spoken to about the 370z says it drives much better than a 350z and the interior is much much better too. As you say, most customers will be non 350z owners, people who were looking at Porsche for example, with a few older 350z owners in for it too. All dealers I have spoken to about it say they have had quite a few 350z PX against them, but you take that with a pinch of salt when they are after your business.

As for the GTR, we all know its the running costs that prices most of us out of getting one ;)

For once I agree with Sarnie :p There is no way in hell the 370 is worth a PX on the 350 plus £15Kish, If I were buying new then it would be the 370 but no for an upgrade, the only vaible 'upgrade' in my eyes s the GTR.

R

To be fair for many 350Z owners you're looking at a jump from 276bhp to 329bhp which would be very noticeable. Having only bought my 350 in April I'm well happy with it still and don't have the available funds to upgrade. But if money was no object would I have a 370Z? Hell yeah!

350Z over the 370Z anyday. If I had the spare cash I'd have a late MY07 and keep the change over the 370. With the exception of the blipper thingy the 370 just doesn't seem to move the game on. According to the reviews I care about the handling is less playful and the engine a backward step compared to the last 350 lump. Add to that an interior that is better than a 350 but nowhere near good enough to trouble a TT or Z4 and styling which in my eyes is "challenging" to say the least and there's no contest for me.

350Z over the 370Z anyday. If I had the spare cash I'd have a late MY07 and keep the change over the 370.

+1

You can get an 08 zed for around £18k. There's no way that a 370z is worth the extra £12k in my eyes. I actually think the interior looks pretty rubbish, I hate the fish gill air vents either side of the sat nav screen..... :yuck:

350Z over the 370Z anyday. If I had the spare cash I'd have a late MY07 and keep the change over the 370.

+1

You can get an 08 zed for around £18k. There's no way that a 370z is worth the extra £12k in my eyes. I actually think the interior looks pretty rubbish, I hate the fish gill air vents either side of the sat nav screen..... :yuck:

The centre console looks like it should be in an SUV or luxo-barge rather than a sports car IMHO.

Another thing to consider, which might get me shot down, is the new auto box is rather nice. I drove a couple of weekends ago and its pretty damn good given its not a dual clutch job. I've never liked autos, even newer ones like the G37, but the one in the 370z is quick enough for me to not get annoyed with it and also good for lazy daily driving too and from work. I know the box is the same in the G and Z but the Z seems to change gears much more how I like it, I guess the electronics have been mapped differently between the two. The 350z tiptronic was a bit pants from what I've heard. Might sway a few more towards the 370z :)

Cmon guys. *Most* of the comments in here smack of some sort of jealousy.

It's a new car. Brand new. It costs what the 350 did new. Of course it's going to cost 15k more if you're comparing it to a 15k Z. As it would be with any car!

Suggesting that the interior is @*!# as well is just laughable. Maybe Im being harsh, but it just sounds like some 350 owners are trying to massage their own egos by convincing themselves that the newer model is @*!#, or has faults, not worth it etc. It's life guys. Something newer/better/faster, will always come out. There's no shame!

It's funny. I've seen it with every car I've ever owned and plenty of others too, and it's always interesting to note that an unbiased viewpoint almost always votes in favour of the new model. I wonder why :)

It's a new car. Brand new. It costs what the 350 did new. Of course it's going to cost 15k more if you're comparing it to a 15k Z. As it would be with any car!

Suggesting that the interior is @*!# as well is just laughable. Maybe Im being harsh, but it just sounds like some 350 owners are trying to massage their own egos by convincing themselves that the newer model is @*!#, or has faults, not worth it etc. It's life guys. Something newer/better/faster, will always come out. There's no shame!

It's funny. I've seen it with every car I've ever owned and plenty of others too, and it's always interesting to note that an unbiased viewpoint almost always votes in favour of the new model. I wonder why :)

I completely disagree.

I see the 370 as purely a more expensive 350 and doesn't come close to bridging the gap between the 350 & the GTR.

I wont be going from a 350 to a 370. My next car will be a Z4M Coupe or Cayman S.

What an ill informed post.

Trust me, I'm not jealous of a 370z ;)

The point about the extra £15k is, is it £15k better than a 350z? No, no its not.

I think you'll find that the two people who have slated the interior are not 350z owners, so have no reason to be biased ;);)