In hospital and bored

rtbiscuit

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No stones found anywhere, no visible swelling, they took so bloody long it's made it harder to trace. I'm appauled at how bad this has been dealt with, the nurses are great the doctors are qualified, but the system seems terrible at joining things up. Everyhing seems to be done arse about face, no one talks to anyone, you have to pester to track things down. And I'm not the only one. Been chatting with others and the nurses and it's common practice. Long waits for scans, delays etc and things done to bad timings I reckon I could have been out yesterday but I'm costing the health service 2 extra days.

I think I'm just ranting cos I'm hungry :rant:

No stones found anywhere, no visible swelling, they took so bloody long it's made it harder to trace. I'm appauled at how bad this has been dealt with, the nurses are great the doctors are qualified, but the system seems terrible at joining things up. Everyhing seems to be done arse about face, no one talks to anyone, you have to pester to track things down. And I'm not the only one. Been chatting with others and the nurses and it's common practice. Long waits for scans, delays etc and things done to bad timings I reckon I could have been out yesterday but I'm costing the health service 2 extra days.

Your not ranting that the way it is these days unfortunately. Lucy was kept in just so she could get a scan done early and get priority otherwise they don't think you have anything to worry about ? Crap isn't it!!! Hang in there mate

I think you're right though. The NHS is flawed and I don't think it's anything to do with the people 'in the field' by that I mean, Doctors, Nurses, Cleaners and Porters etc. I'm pretty sure it's the endless line of managers that tie it up.

I was going to post up my experience of hospital but thought I better not. All I will say is Private Health Care seems slightly superior in the way it's run - not the 'field' staff, they are equally good. Getting called to come in early and being in the theatre within the hour is pretty efficient.

Agreed stew, would never bad mouth the staff as they have been doing a sterling job, doctors (the majority) have been great and really good. The nurses have gone out of their way to help. The care assistants are really friendly and even the food doesn't smell to bad. I just wish it ran smoothly and in order. I am aware that generally their tends to be more admonistrators than medical staff. Shame I'm sure if they were allowed to get on with it they would do a grand job.

No news yet still waiting on a scan. Pain has gone down but the area is still tender. I'm guessing they might kick me out and wait till it gets worse but it's a waiting game now. Total wait for scan so far is 25 hours and counting.

Hallucinating about hamburgers can't be good for you. :p:lol:

Well I hope they decide what the story is soon for your sake. You certainly don't want them bursting. That is the most excruciating pain, much worse than a serious bone break. :blink:

Still waiting on the results. So no breakfast either today. I'm so hungry now not had a drip in 24 hours just water, my stomach is so empty now it actual hurts and I feel rubbish. I'm grumpy and frustrated now. And I just want to go home to see my wife.

At least the extra stay may mean they find what is going on & fix. It would at least save having to go through it all again in the near future & ensure you get to attack Christmas dinner :yahoo:

Got to agree on the observations of the NHS. Few weeks ago had to go to A&E with my mother & it was 9 hours before a doctor could see her. Just from this her file was about an inch thick & that was before the doctor saw her. Management & Health & Safety gone mad.

ultra sound didn't show anything up.

their guess was apendicitis or gastro entoritis (not sure of spellings)

they took so long to do the scan there wasn't much left to find. I'd rather it flair up again now and get it sorted than leave it and it happens over christmas.

ultra sound didn't show anything up.

their guess was apendicitis or gastro entoritis (not sure of spellings)

they took so long to do the scan there wasn't much left to find. I'd rather it flair up again now and get it sorted than leave it and it happens over christmas.

gastroenteritis :thumbs:

the ultrasound would't show this up. it can pick up an inflammed appendix depending on its position and this should not change with a few hours or days delay. the reason this would have been done is to exclude any pathology of the kidneys, liver and gall bladder system or even you pancreas and nothing to do with twisted bowel which is a surgical emergency :surrender:

But i suspect you have something self-limiting and you would be on the mend soon. Very likely viral enteritis or some bug from that dodgy kebab you had at your local :p:thumbs:

i agreed with Husky that eating always sorts it out :lol::lol: or ........makes the problem worse/comeback if there is one :scare: so this is your guide..............the better your appetite the better you are getting ;)

Bonne apetit :snack:

thanks bennett :thumbs:

the pains had subsided as had the swelling and guarding on that side. and the pain was very localised to where the appendics is. it may well have been inflamed but not appendicitis. they mentioned it could be a grumbly apendics. bit like their grumbly owner.

thanks bennett :thumbs:

the pains had subsided as had the swelling and guarding on that side. and the pain was very localised to where the appendics is. it may well have been inflamed but not appendicitis. they mentioned it could be a grumbly apendics. bit like their grumbly owner.

Sure you will be back home soon ? Take the zed for a

bit of medicinal relief :D