Question abt scorpion exhaust

Dr.TuB

There are quite a number of members with the exhaust. Perhaps one of them will take a vid (with sound) from the inside.

The Scorpian exhaust sounds fairly good from the outside but I haven't heard it from the inside to be honest.

It gives it a slighter deeper, meatier tone.

You sound like a condidate for the Nismo as it keeps the same note just amplifies it!

Yup, from what I've heard the Scorpion is a bit louded than stock but keeps the note pretty similar to stock or Nismo. Scorpion is a bit louder than stock and Nismo is louder again and more meaty. Non of them are raspy like you get with some exhausts. De-cats/HFCs are usually what makes things raspier and then headers on top of that makes them really raspy. Remember that when playing Marks comparison vid and look at the car specs, its not all down to the exhaust - cats, headers, intake and even plenum spacers can make a difference to the note :)

Yup, from what I've heard the Scorpion is a bit louded than stock but keeps the note pretty similar to stock or Nismo. Nismo is like stock and Scorpion but a bit louder again and more meaty. Non of them are raspy like you get with some exhausts. De-cats/HFCs are usually what makes things raspier and then headers on top of that makes them really raspy. Remember that when playing Marks comparison vid and look at the car specs, its not all down to the exhaust - cats, headers, intake and even plenum spacers can make a difference to the note :)

Hmmm... Having heard a Scorpion and a Nismo side by side, that were both Popcharge, stock cats and y-back the scorpion isnt louder than the Nismo and the Nismo sounds far better and more meaty.. Also under load on the motroway, there is no comparrison.

Also! Sorry Chris, the rasps come from the heast shields above the cats (a quick seem weld or if your using decats or hiflows remove them) and the heat sheilds above the back box. I havnt removed the one above the back box yet as I need to find some non metal flexible heat shield. Its to do with the increased resonance of the thinner wall pipes. The one I have on now as its super light with decats has increased the rasp I had before... (Also think I get a bit of rasp off the grill on the rear of the CS bumper.. Think I need to get some sikoflex on that!

Sorry, typed that wrong, will correct my original post. Scorpion is louder than stock and Nismo is louder than Scorpion, in about the same increments. What I mean was the sound was quite similar unlike say something like the DC which IMO is a lot raspier.

Never heard of the heat shieds causing rasp, learn something new every day :) I was under the impression that the rasp comes from using thinner metal that rattles and vibrates more ;)

Sorry, typed that wrong, will correct my original post. Scorpion is louder than stock and Nismo is louder than Scorpion, in about the same increments. What I mean was the sound was quite similar unlike say something like the DC which IMO is a lot raspier.

Never heard of the heat shieds causing rasp, learn something new every day :) I was under the impression that the rasp comes from using thinner metal that rattles and vibrates more ;)

Nope, one of the NS members discovered the heatsheild bit and the requirement for a simple seam weld. Cured it on his. Removed the front ones on mine at Abbey the other week and I now have a rasp at the back. Will be on the ramp again soon so gonna do a vibration check! No rattles on mine.... Just lots of burbleing and popping!!! Esp on a 5th to 3rd change down... havnt noticed flames though!! Maybe next week :thumbs:

Tarmac: can you please post some videos with the engine start, interior driving (crusing and reving) of the scorpion exhaust once you have it fitted?

thank you

im in Poland. there are not a lot of people with the zed here let alone modding them...

I've had my Scorpion exhaust fitted by CS a few weeks ago, no complaints. Not overly loud (from the inside anyways), and actually not to different from stock when driving on the motor-way (from the inside), however from the outside it sounds much better :teeth: I got mine changed cos my old exhaust failed the MOT, and i didn't want to spend some £700 on a stock exhaust from Nissan. No doubt the Nismo sounds better but its nearly three times the price of the Scorpion.

Only problem now is that the front brake pads needs doing soon, and am thinking maybe i should upgrade from the OEM pads..come to think of it may be discs too, and the pop charger... :lol:

I've had my Scorpion exhaust fitted by CS a few weeks ago, no complaints. Not overly loud (from the inside anyways), and actually not to different from stock when driving on the motor-way (from the inside), however from the outside it sounds much better :teeth: I got mine changed cos my old exhaust failed the MOT, and i didn't want to spend some £700 on a stock exhaust from Nissan. No doubt the Nismo sounds better but its nearly three times the price of the Scorpion.

Only problem now is that the front brake pads needs doing soon, and am thinking maybe i should upgrade from the OEM pads..come to think of it may be discs too, and the pop charger... :lol:

Slippy slope my friend :lol:

Nope, one of the NS members discovered the heatsheild bit and the requirement for a simple seam weld. Cured it on his. Removed the front ones on mine at Abbey the other week and I now have a rasp at the back. Will be on the ramp again soon so gonna do a vibration check! No rattles on mine.... Just lots of burbleing and popping!!! Esp on a 5th to 3rd change down... havnt noticed flames though!! Maybe next week :thumbs:

CHAV :p I want flames :( I was expecting flames, but get nothing :( Well nothing except a headache :blush: