A Human Instruction Manual Needed - Eibach Spacers

Danny 350Z

I need help as I am a sufferer of DIY and technical retardation. I bought a set of Eibach spacers from a fellow forum member. I did a half arsed effort at research (that's bitten me on my fat arse) and thought as I didn't receive nuts with the spacers, I needed domed ones but looking at them I don't think I do now.

I finally got around to looking at fitting them tonight and I'm completely stumped. Please see below and advise me before I botch it and my wheels fall off as I'm pottering down the A1 :drive1 ARGH MY WHEEL!!!

Jeees, my poor wife. I am truely useless!

This is what i've got:-

DSC00567-1.jpg

DSC00566-1.jpg

DSC00568.jpg

This is how I THOUGHT they fitted:-

DSC00569.jpg

[imgDSC00570.jpg

As you can see, that doesn't make sense!! There's not space for domed wheel nuts! :shrug:

I'm totally confuz-zed (see what I did there) as shown here:-

DSC00572-1.jpg

:stupid:

Help me!!!! I await the inevitable ribbin and p!ss takin! :fishslap:

Oh edited so I'm smaller!

Hi Danny, you’ve bought the more complicated system 6 spacers, which mean you need to swap out the OEM studs and replace them with the longer ones supplied with the spacers, this means using your existing OEM nuts on the new longer studs.

The ones I offer are system 4, meaning that they simply bolt on and can be fitted within minutes… :thumbs:

Hi Danny, you’ve bought the more complicated system 6 spacers, which mean you need to swap out the OEM studs and replace them with the longer ones supplied with the spacers, this means using your existing OEM nuts on the new longer studs.

The ones I offer are system 4, meaning that they simply bolt on and can be fitted within minutes… :thumbs:

+1 what CS said...!

+1 what CS said...!

+2 ^ :lol::lol::lol:

Oh dear! What do I do, CS? Could I fit them with all of my technical expertise or shall I cut my loses and buy a normal set? One hundred and fiddy quid outta pocket :blackeye:

Oh dear! What do I do, CS? Could I fit them with all of my technical expertise or shall I cut my loses and buy a normal set? One hundred and fiddy quid outta pocket :blackeye:

Danny, you can indeed use them, I know someone who fitted the set not so long ago, took him about 3 hours from start to finish, depends how confident you are at removing the OEM studs etc… :)

At £150.00 it would have been better to buy a new set, £200 for a bolt on kit, which fits in minutes, did I also read that you also bought a set of nuts recently off eBay too for the above spacers… :)

Havnt fitted any of these for myself yet but looking at the pictures of your parts i would say that you have to knock out your existing studs and then tap in the ones supplied.When you knock out the old ones use a copper drift to protect the first thread in case you have to refit them.If you look at the studs supplied you can see a splined section at the head end, this is what bites into the metal of the disc to keep them located.Where abouts do you live? anyone nearby who can help?

Havnt fitted any of these for myself yet but looking at the pictures of your parts i would say that you have to knock out your existing studs and then tap in the ones supplied.When you knock out the old ones use a copper drift to protect the first thread in case you have to refit them.If you look at the studs supplied you can see a splined section at the head end, this is what bites into the metal of the disc to keep them located.Where abouts do you live? anyone nearby who can help?

Catterick so......No, I live in ther arse end of no where, brother. I wonder if Carbon Coops could help a brother in need? Coops, you out there?

Danny and Husky, tis Friday night I'll try and get this stop at your houses :thumbs:

Ah many thanks there, Chris. Running a bit low :drunk: Husky's had his can of Kaliber so he's done I reckon!

well i have an undriveable car, so im going to drink myself happy and play xbox :lol:

I don't know if you'd want to be knocking out and refitting wheel studs.....

Hmmm I think you maybe right. Witstu has offered his services. He's quite close so I'm gonna pay him a visit and see if he's more technically minded than me. I'm as useful as a 5th century electician when it comes to this malarky!

OOOOOH 900 posts :yahoo: