Self Moderating Threads.....

Sarnie

How about allowing self moderating threads?

What I mean by that is to allow the OP the ability to self moderate their own thread? Lets say for example, for sale threads, progress threads or similar? It would allow the OP to tidy their own thread of any "Its overpriced" remarks (usually from me :lol: but usually right ;) ) or site banter that has nothing to do with the thread.

Maybe limit it to certain sections of the site such as the for sale section or modification forum but not say the general area or the off topic area?

Might alleviate frustrated people who post, get their thread hi-jacked and then never post again.........

Is it even possible, software wise? Or is it just a rubbish idea? :blush:

How about allowing self moderating threads?

What I mean by that is to allow the OP the ability to self moderate their own thread? Lets say for example, for sale threads, progress threads or similar? It would allow the OP to tidy their own thread of any "Its overpriced" remarks (usually from me :lol: but usually right ;) ) or site banter that has nothing to do with the thread.

Maybe limit it to certain sections of the site such as the for sale section or modification forum but not say the general area or the off topic area?

Might alleviate frustrated people who post, get their thread hi-jacked and then never post again.........

Is it even possible, software wise? Or is it just a rubbish idea? :blush:

omg far too dangerous

i trust the mods :notworthy::lol::lol:

No idea on the tech side Liam.

I get the idea but remember that it states in the rules that anyone can have their threads locked in the for sale section hence alleviating this problem before it occurs. :thumbs:

I know the site rules better than you :p

People don't ask for their threads to be locked as it means they never get bumped ;)

well then you take the risk of getting people posting 'too expensive' on the thread then!

Personally, I think it's perhaps better to not comment too much on for sale threads....

And yes, I'm sure you know the rules better than me! :blush:

well then you take the risk of getting people posting 'too expensive' on the thread then!

My point exactly Stew. The OP would be able to remove the 'too expensive' post.

Take Nurrish's progress thread for example. Its about 6 pages long and 3 months away from being anywhere near ready........most of it unrelated, hence his paddy earlier today.........

Only trying to help :shrug:

it would be boring without the useless banter! :lol: you can always ask one of the mods to clear it up which i'm sure they would do.

I love the useless banter hence my postcount :lol:

But if the site has an endemic problem, as one or two think it has, then this might help resolve one or two of them?

I see your point Sarnie, but what if someone gets properly called out over the price/quality/history of something (again probably by you :p ) and then the seller has the ability to delete these tough questions? To the less clued up buyer, things good look like a good deal.

Imagine some of the recent 'traders' threads and if they hadnt been called out by some people here... :surrender:

it would be boring without the useless banter! :lol: you can always ask one of the mods to clear it up which i'm sure they would do.

I love the useless banter hence my postcount :lol:

But if the site has an endemic problem, as one or two think it has, then this might help resolve one or two of them?

so only on sale threads

Can Husky's read?

;)

I see your point Sarnie, but what if someone gets properly called out over the price/quality/history of something (again probably by you :p ) and then the seller has the ability to delete these tough questions? To the less clued up buyer, things good look like a good deal.

Imagine some of the recent 'traders' threads and if they hadnt been called out by some people here... :surrender:

Hence, limit it to certain forums maybe? I dunno, it seemed like a good idea earlier :drunk:2finger.gif:lol:

Thing is Liam, good idea or bad (I can see pros and cons) at least you are thinking of ways to improve this place which is very commendable.

Shows you are a true 350Z-UK enthusiast! :thumbs:

or he wants to make a thread and have the POWER :evil::lol:

it sounds like a good idea i suppose, as long as its implemented correctly :)

Thing is Liam, good idea or bad (I can see pros and cons) at least you are thinking of ways to improve this place which is very commendable.

or he wants to make a thread and have the POWER :evil::lol:

it sounds like a good idea i suppose, as long as its implemented correctly :)

Obviously my idea is pretty rough around the edges but I'm sure that in some form it could be a postive?

If it doesn't get implemented in the next 2 hours I'm spamming every for sale thread on the site :lol::lol:

Sarnie for Mod ? :innocent::lol:

Didn't you try that before? A LOOOOOOOOOONG time ago? :lol::lol::lol: