Self Moderating Threads.....

Sarnie

Thing is Liam, good idea or bad (I can see pros and cons) at least you are thinking of ways to improve this place which is very commendable.

Shows you are a true 350Z-UK enthusiast! :thumbs:

Sarnie for Mod ? :innocent::lol:

Didn't you try that before? A LOOOOOOOOOONG time ago? :lol::lol::lol:

It was discussed but then we came to our senses :lol:;)

I think the idea is commendable, but I can also see it being abused. In the perfect world when people were trust worthy (by that I mean that everyone has to be, as most on here are already), it could work, but given new members could sign up just to sell a car and self moderate the thread to make it look good if it was a right banger, I dunno, I just cant see it working. Maybe we should just appoint Sarnie as a mod and let him sort them out :shrug::lol: Also if you take some of the build threads, I can see the OP rigthfully deleting OT posts, but then the poster of that getting in a strop it got deleted, kicking off a viscious cycle of posting purely about posts being deleted! :surrender:

Certanly something for us to discuss as a team, not sure on the technical side how this could work, but I think there may be some merit in the idea.

If posts removed by users were hidden rather than deleted, then moderators could perhaps see what a particular advertiser may have chosen to remove from general public viewing on the thread and make a decision as to whether it is being "tided" or "whitewashed".

Blog threads for builds etc is another way we may wish to look at going, where a single user can create a single "blog" whih would have a main thread which can only be added to by the "blogger" and a sub-thread which is for general comment.

Again, no idea on the technical aspects of this, but it is certainly an idea. This may merege into the "garage" section that has been proposed and discussed previously.

Certanly something for us to discuss as a team, not sure on the technical side how this could work, but I think there may be some merit in the idea.

If posts removed by users were hidden rather than deleted, then moderators could perhaps see what a particular advertiser may have chosen to remove from general public viewing on the thread and make a decision as to whether it is being "tided" or "whitewashed".

Blog threads for builds etc is another way we may wish to look at going, where a single user can create a single "blog" whih would have a main thread which can only be added to by the "blogger" and a sub-thread which is for general comment.

Again, no idea on the technical aspects of this, but it is certainly an idea. This may merege into the "garage" section that has been proposed and discussed previously.

i vote for garage and blog :bounce::bounce::thumbs:

I like the way Ian's sale has a "For Sale" page and a separate comments thread. Can he ask a mod to bump the advert though? or is is stuck back on yesterday's listing?

I dont mind bumping a locked thread. No probs

Just give Husky the power to bounce locked for sale threads !! ;):lol:

TBH locked For Sale threads shouldnt really need bumping. If we keep the chat out of the For Sale section, there will be only a few threads for cars for sale and they should show up under "View Unread Posts" the first time before you read it. And everyone should be able to see it quite easily without extra bumping in there if we keep it purely to sale threads if they try and search it :)

TBH locked For Sale threads shouldnt really need bumping. If we keep the chat out of the For Sale section, there will be only a few threads for cars for sale and they should show up under "View Unread Posts" the first time before you read it. And everyone should be able to see it quite easily without extra bumping in there if we keep it purely to sale threads if they try and search it :)

View unread posts is only going to be of use to those of us who live on here though :blush:

View unread posts is only going to be of use to those of us who live on here though :blush:

:lol: +1

I like the way Ian's sale has a "For Sale" page and a separate comments thread. Can he ask a mod to bump the advert though? or is is stuck back on yesterday's listing?

I dont mind bumping a locked thread. No probs

Just give Husky the power to bounce locked for sale threads !! ;):lol:

haha im on here enough :blush::lol::lol:

But, as I said, if we keep chat away from the For Sale sections, then the number of threads in there should be limited, with most being in general chat or somewhere similar, and should be easy to find your way through. No need to constantly keep bumping it as it doesnt need to fight to stay at the top any more ;)

But, as I said, if we keep chat away from the For Sale sections, then the number of threads in there should be limited, with most being in general chat or somewhere similar, and should be easy to find your way through. No need to constantly keep bumping it as it doesnt need to fight to stay at the top any more ;)

On other forums For sale threads have to be accepted by mods to make sure they have a price contact number and are a trusted member. also as soon as the thread is posted it is locked. If anyone wants to know something can pm the seller. Only the seller can bump the thread. TBH this is a smallish forum compared to others like cliosport.net or TA or 106owners and the likes. They have lots and lots of hardcore members plus a load more members than we do so they have to be more strict. I dont think we have the problem in the for sale of thread crapping "too expensive I saw someone selling it for 100, Il give you 50 for it, If only it was red,blue,green, pink spots with black lines."