19" Wheel Question

Jacko

19 Wheel - Width Size  

12 members have voted

1. 1. 19 Wheel - Width Size

• 8.5" Front & 9.5" Rear
    • 9.5" Front & 10.5" Rear

A very handy site for working out differences in wheels is http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

Thanks Rob, that's pretty handy :thumbs:

Also just realised that the optional Rays are +30 front and +33 rear, not +30 & +30.

So according to that, going from a 8.5 rear (+33) to 10.5 (+30) will give:-

Inner Clearance: 22mm LESS (the inside of the wheel to the strut housing)

Outer Position: EXTEND an extra 28mm (position of the outside edge of the wheel)

And front from 8" (+30) to 9.5"(+30):-

Inner Clearance: 19mm LESS (the inside of the wheel to the strut housing)

Outer Position: EXTEND an extra 19mm (position of the outside edge of the wheel)

How does that sound to all? Any thoughts...... guess could try to measure inside clearance but will be tricky getting in!

:blush:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup sounds about right - what you also have to remember is thats the difference for the actual rim. You may also have larger tyres on there i.e.

245/45/18 -> 275/35/19 - these are 30mm wider so will stick out 15mm more than standard

So you have to work out a combination of how much wider the tyres are and how you are moving the offset around :) i.e.

going from 8" ET30 -> 9.5" ET22 with a 245 -> 275 would mean

The rim would sit a further 27mm further out

The tyre is 15mm wider each side + 8mm wider offset -> 22mm sider

So - the rim would be sitting 27mm further out than your standard wheel but the tyre would only be sitting 22m wider than the standard tyres.

offsets are all sort of fun :D

yup sounds about right - what you also have to remember is thats the difference for the actual rim. You may also have larger tyres on there i.e.

245/45/18 -> 275/35/19 - these are 30mm wider so will stick out 15mm more than standard

So you have to work out a combination of how much wider the tyres are and how you are moving the offset around :) i.e.

going from 8" ET30 -> 9.5" ET22 with a 245 -> 275 would mean

The rim would sit a further 27mm further out

The tyre is 15mm wider each side + 8mm wider offset -> 22mm sider

So - the rim would be sitting 27mm further out than your standard wheel but the tyre would only be sitting 22m wider than the standard tyres.

offsets are all sort of fun :D

Ok so I was planning to put 275/35/19 on the new rear 10.5 ET30, going from a 245/45/18. I was told that this tyre would still be ok on a 10.5" as opposed to a 9.5"

So what would that work out in relation to tyre width vs rim width??

Now I am getting confused! :headhurt:

I know the rays are ET +33 on the rear with 8.5x18..so...

Rims will be 28mm further out

Tyres will be 275 from 245 are 30mm wider = 15 each side + 3mm further out due to offset change = 18mm further out

So they will not really stick out that much more

So basically, to close all this off (as sure people are getting really bored of my wheel questions :blush: )

If I go 9.5"x19" ET30 front on 245/35/19 and 10.5"x19" ET30 on 275/35/19 rear, then I'm going to be fine, they won't stick out too much and no rubbing etc.....

Cheers Rob and Kev.....as long as no one says anything different! :D

offset is also dictated by the very model of the wheel itself, ie every model will need a "different " offset as wheels are different models, hence why it gets very confusing.

to add to the discussion, I'm sure mine are 9F with +28 and 10R with +25

Im with sarnie!

This is the most confusing thread I think I have ever read! and believe me I have read a few.

Just a few noddy questions.....

The wheel width is in inches (duh!) but I assume that the "+22" offset from centreline measurements you are talking about is in mm???? Is this correct?

Also, which way is +ve and which -ve. So does a +ve measurement move the centre hub toward the outside rim of the wheel and a -ve inboard?

Also, how far is it from the face of the wheel hub to the face of the wheelarch front and back. I assume this is the measurement that will tell me if a wheel will sit prone of the arch.

So would the wheel width / 2 + the offset - the distnce mentioned above tell me how far proud or not the wheel will be?

Or have I understood nothing (very likely!)

yes offset is in mm

+22 means the centre of the wheel is 22mm towards the inside of the arch i.e. engine side

If you put a 10mm spacer on it would push it out 10mm bringing it OUT to +12

As for the how far is it -

take the width, Divide by 2 - that gives you the distance from the middle.

If you have a +ve offset subtract that number to the number to give the distance to the outside lip.

If you have -ve offset add that number to get the distance to the outside lip

yes offset is in mm

+22 means the centre of the wheel is 22mm towards the inside of the arch i.e. engine side

As for the how far is it - take the width, devide by 2 - that gives you the distance from the middle. Then if you have a +ve offset add that number to the number to give the distance to the inside lip. Subtract for the distance to the outside lip

Still gibberish i'm afraid :surrender:

yes offset is in mm

As for the how far is it - take the width, devide by 2 - that gives you the distance from the middle. Then if you have a +ve offset add that number to the number to give the distance to the inside lip. Subtract for the distance to the outside lip

Glad it's not just me! :blush:

I'm a bit concerned in case I order from the States and get this wrong.....

yes offset is in mm

Digsy mate just pop along to http://www.my350z.com/

I bet your bottom dollar there's somone there that already has the

wheels,offsets,tyres sizes your looking for.

yes offset is in mm

Digsy mate just pop along to http://www.my350z.com/

I bet your bottom dollar there's somone there that already has the

wheels,offsets,tyres sizes your looking for.

Cheers, Blacky. Will have a look! :thumbs:

Get another bonus in August but too late for the Nismo zorst. :( Some wheels may lessen the pain when you guys are rubbing it in.

unless you order wheels that have never been seen on a Z like mine B)

Probably a very good reason for that.........................LOL

yeah coz they are proper stuff not like yours that you had to replace after a year :p