MPG?

Dr.TuB

im on my 1st fill up.

im getting 14.5mpg, is this normal?

i do a bit of mixed driving city and motorway.....

should i be concerned? im not revving it to 5000rpm btw, 2000-4000rpm

i've just done P1 at the dealership (changed oil, oil fiter, and air filter)

could this be the problem of plugs not done? im at 67k miles.

14.5 is pretty low TBH.. Plugs should be done at about 54k I think..

Was getting 22, but that was with mods and using a piggy back.. up to 28 after a reflash. Driving is the same type of thing urban and motorway.... And I deffo rev over 5k!!! (thats where they come alive!!)

Have you reset the mpg? (keep your finger on the lower button and you will get --- lines till you have driven 1 mile..) you may be suffering from the previous drivers heavy foot!

Wow I thought mine was bad at 22-24mpg and I often drive above 5000rpm. Although I did get 32mpg on a 400mile run to Scotland and back.

Have a full service done, not one of these manufacturers services where they pick and choose what to look at. Fresh oil and oil filter, clean up the air filter (if you have an induction kit or replacement panel filter) and get some decent plugs in there.

Just had mine done and it's running far better than it was with the original plugs which had done 30k and oil that had done 9k. At only £150 a full service I will be definitely getting mine done every 9k.

I must be real old fart. I get 30ish on motorways and about 26 for my daily commute which includes the odd bit of heavy right foot. Have seen it as low as 21 when having more dun at weekends, but 14 sounds eyewateringly painful unless you treat the gas peddle as an on/off switch.