Number plate bracket

srobrien

Hi, I have decided im going to send my front bumper in to have a respray as the greddy lip has marked the paint, whilst im at it i am going to get him to remove the badge and number plate holder. Are there any aftermarket bracket avilable so that I can mount the numberplate in the grille?

R

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16mm bolt into the tow hook, tap the end for a 6 or 8mm short bolt, get a short plate (about 8x3 inch), drill 3 holes, one in the middle 2 near the ends.

Put bolt through plate into 16mm bolt, but 2 bolts through number plate into the other plate

Sounds like a plan, although i dont know if it would look better off centre or if it would just look odd.

R

16mm bolt into the tow hook, tap the end for a 6 or 8mm short bolt, get a short plate (about 8x3 inch), drill 3 holes, one in the middle 2 near the ends.

Put bolt through plate into 16mm bolt, but 2 bolts through number plate into the other plate

Wonder where you got that idea from ;):p:p:p

Wonder where you got that idea from ;):p:p:p

my350z !!!!!! And then you explained it too me after you had done it !! ;):teeth:

I started by using a very strong double sided adhesive tape, that lasted well until the first real downpour. Then I sourced some metal brackets that were long enough to fasten under my car, come up under the front bumper, and rise enough for me to bolt the plate onto it.

I used two strips of 3mm thick aluminum and drilled and shaped them to mount my plate (as fitted to the very bottom of my bumper). I used the existing bolts/holes that are used to fasten the standard front chin spoiler on, so no extra holes etc were made. This way the plate sits low, and just in front of my bumper leaving no holes or markings etc should I decide to move the plate back to it's original position. _Really opens the front end of the car up without having to worry about restricting air flow to the rads.

I'll put the link on to my pic later when I get chance, let me know what you think.

Sounds like a plan, would be good to see pics when u get a chance, can u remember where u get the brackets from?

Thanks

R

I'm having a bracket made up that will fit into the tow bar mount. I spoke to 3Fiddy about this and we had the same idea. Bar with a thread on the end into the tow eye hole, then tap a thread into the the of the bar. Followed by a bracket mounted onto the end of the bar with a bolt and washer.

I'm having one made up by the workshop on camp it should be ready tomorrow. I'll post up some pictures and if anyone is interested i should be able to get more made.

I'm having a bracket made up that will fit into the tow bar mount. I spoke to 3Fiddy about this and we had the same idea. Bar with a thread on the end into the tow eye hole, then tap a thread into the the of the bar. Followed by a bracket mounted onto the end of the bar with a bolt and washer.

I'm having one made up by the workshop on camp it should be ready tomorrow. I'll post up some pictures and if anyone is interested i should be able to get more made.

That would be sweeeeeeeet! Saves me spending my free time offshore down the mechies workshop trying to figure out how to use the tools :lol:

R

Get one of these bud! Think this is gonna be my next project now i've finished my paddle shifts and the arcade machine... :teeth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1zIGPyJunI

i really like this, they do a non motorised version for $60

wonder if people fancy a group buy on them. will need to have a look underneath to work out fitting.

i really like the tow hook plate bracket but mine is being used for something else so can't go down this route.

Jusy picked up the bracket i had made up.

DSCF0934.jpg

DSCF0935.jpg

I'm mounting the plate with double sided stick foam/tape.

If anyone would like one give me a shout and i'll see what i can do.

Wow very nice mate, impressive work. Just one question though how far does the bolt petrude out? Will it be an issue when trying to mount the plate? If not i'll take one off your hands :thumbs:

Also might have to 'borrow' some anti vibration washers from work to stop it loosening and tilting whilst hooning it.

R

The mounting bolt is an issue as it does protrude more than i would of hoped. I'm going to see if i can get hold of some thinner bolt heads or try a re-design. Or possibly a mushroom headed bolt with a phillips drive is another option.

Either that or you could make the backing plate thicker and recess the bolt hole slightly, or use some thick double sided foam on the plate to compensate.

R

Jusy picked up the bracket i had made up.

DSCF0934.jpg

DSCF0935.jpg

I'm mounting the plate with double sided stick foam/tape.

If anyone would like one give me a shout and i'll see what i can do.

Nice work mate, looks close to mine but mine is a bit more "ghetto" !!

Just a point though! for those with k+n typhoons, the scoop is held by a bolt into the toe hook, so to use something like this, you will have to modify the intake scoop by cutting a small section of the bottom part of the hole and then you would need to cut in a couple of slots in the bar close to the threaded bit to hold the scoop bracket... (For those that dont get my explanation and have a typhoon, then I can take some pics!!