Number plate bracket

srobrien

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a strong feeling that I'll be moving mine back to its original location soon, just maybe half the size lower. I like the front end better now, but mates keep asking if I've changed the bumper (body kit) and that's not the look I'm after.

My expense is your free advice :teeth:

Yeah, im going to have mine de-badged and de-plate holdered (?), but im planning a CF lip as well to go with the CF bonnet, may even stick my air intake on too.

R

I've had the head of the bolt cut down so that it is a lot slimmer, a bit of trial and error has made me think if i were to make more then i would use a bolt with a countersunk head so that it would sit more or less flush with the rear aluminium backing plate. Also in the centre when you see the large hole cut out i would do a row of smaller hole to fit the bolt allowing the plate to be mounter higher or lower to each persons tastes.

It will be pretty simple to make different size backing plates for UK and JDM size licence plates.

If you guys do want one or have any input to improve the design im all ears :)

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, some good ideas for brackets there. I'd like to give another idea which is really simple and cost about £7 from B&Q.

All you need is the following.

Length of M16 threaded rod (stainless would be the best bet)

M16 nut

Length of 25mm x 25mm angled aluminium stock

16mm inside diameter rubber hose or 20mm diameter black conduit.

M4 bolt

3.5mm drill and M4 tap

Basically the threaded rod has a slot cut into it so that the front angled aluminium stock can be fixed without it twisting.

The rod is then screwed into the Tow Eye Bolt hole and secured with an M16 nut at the rear.

The conduit is then slid over it fro protection and asthetics.

The angled stock is then screwed onto the M16 rod and the bracked can be drilled to suit whatever size plate you have.

This is ideal for an open vent bodykit like the Vertex which I have but should be pretty easy to install on the standard kit also.

Hope this may help anyone looking for ideas.

Below is mine, took me about 10 minutes to make from scraps in my garage! I got two short pieces of metal, about 1" x 4" and bent it in half to make an L-shape....I then got an old number plate and cut it down with a jigsaw so it was smaller than my new plate and bolted this to one side of the L-Plate. This was then bolted to the upper side of the bumper and then I simply stuck the new plate onto the front with number plate tape....hasn't let me down in years! Job done :)

SNV32225.jpg

• 1 month later...

I am looking for a number plate bracket that u could attach to the tow eye a bit like the one that nrenz123 came up with. Anyone know where i could get hold of one?. I have a NISMO N1 front bumper..don't like the look of the square box in the centre..thinking of putting the number plate over this. :)

Mike

I am looking for a number plate bracket that u could attach to the tow eye a bit like the one that nrenz123 came up with. Anyone know where i could get hold of one?. I have a NISMO N1 front bumper..don't like the look of the square box in the centre..thinking of putting the number plate over this. :)

Mike

done it to mine, but when i move my plate, i shall go back to the black vinyl over the square which makes it invisible ;)

where did u get yours from?

i made my own in my workshop

piece of oak vacuum formed in black polystyrene both sides, and a few double sided sticky pads and bobs your uncle :lol:

its pretty invisible and sturdy and has been fitted and stayed fitted for 3 months now without even a wobble.

its a temp measure anyway, as i'm looking at retro fitting the swift system under the car ;)

Unfortunately i am not very good with DIY and I haven't got the tools and hardwares. Any idea where could i get things like this made? Does your number plate bracket fits into the tow eye?

nope it just attatches to the square in the nismo bumper, i cut my numberplate down to fit.

when i replace mine with the retractable one, you can have my block of wood if you like