Is there 1 acknowledged best tyre for the 350Z.

Mark-UK

Hi Ian how much are they a pop, is that on all 4 wheels? I think my 07 has the orginal bridgestones on them, only takes a bit of damp or wet and the traction light comes on.

Hi Mark.

Have not got the exact figures with me but paid approx £ 132.00 each for the

rears and £ 105.00 each for the fronts. Carriage for all 4 was £ 5.00 and paid a

local company £ 20.00 per corner to fit them. I bought them from Camskill.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ian how much are they a pop, is that on all 4 wheels? I think my 07 has the orginal bridgestones on them, only takes a bit of damp or wet and the traction light comes on.

Hi Mark.

Have not got the exact figures with me but paid approx £ 132.00 each for the

rears and £ 105.00 each for the fronts. Carriage for all 4 was £ 5.00 and paid a

local company £ 20.00 per corner to fit them. I bought them from Camskill.

ouch, £20 a corner, got mine done for £8 a corner. including fitting spacers at the same time

Don't have much experience on Zed tyres but I can add that its very hard to compare tyres on different cars.

for example I had Kumho ecsta sports on my old Colt and they were pretty rubbish in the wet and OK in the dry. A lot of the VX220 guys now run the very same tyre and rant about how good they are in the wet, completely the opposite to what I experienced.

Similarly I also didn't rate Pilot sports when i had them on another car but they are highly rated here...

I am not a fan of the bridgestones in the wet though, they do seem rather slippy. in the dry they are excellent, just teaches you to be more careful in the wet which is no bad thing....

:drive1

Help who, me or you? I'm fine ta, but thanks for the link anyway. ;)

Tbh fella there's more than enough info in this thread for you to make a decision. I mean there's helping a fellow owner out and then there's just spoon feeding...!

Tyre useage will have to decide which one is the 'best' for the Z... so the application rules.

for Example you'd use a different set of rubbers for the track then you would for the road. You only use it on dry days? Then that will push you to a certain tyre that performs better then a wet/dry tyre, go for a good wet tyre (soft rubber) and replace it twice as often as another type tyre. If you take her out on the track use a softer compound again. If you into diffen (donuts in a circle...(madness)) you want a sick hard tyre with lots of PSI in'it. If you go drifting you need a good tyre and you'll go through it in no time too... anyhu! I'm not helping here really but more 'opening' your mind to find that it depends if you do loads of miles or if you just use it on occation. If you got a fat wallet and dont mind spending endless ammount of € for the BEST overall tyre... then you are a better man then me :p

A.

Yeah, no chance for that price. BS until proof kthxbye.

Er ok. Just typed in tyre name in google and prices came up at that, not looked into them more. Sod it im selling the car, cant cope, gonna get an mx5, pfft!!!!!

what sizes are you running? Found 'my' supplier costing me this:

Rear: 235/50/17 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 148.50£ inv vat each, cant get the size on the front for my wheels... next time I need to get a new set of rim's (good excuse) since I can't get my Goodyear F1's anymore in the size I need...

a.

Blackcircles have the dunlop sport maxx gt at £150 a pop, does that seem correct? Just been to my local tyre dealer and he quoted £195 a corner.

Mind you he has the size as 245 / 45 / 18.

black circles do get good prices. and that is the correct size for the rear tyre

fronts are 225/45/18