Pulled by Police re Number Plate

larsdowg

Sorry I don't have any sympathy for this.

It is quite clear not to mis-represent your number plate. Plus for some time now (about 3 years) you cannot buy number plates unless you present your V5 and some ID. Garages, motor factors and shops like Halfords have to "by law" print their name on the bottom of the plate, so the plate is legal and meets the required size and spacing. All other plates that don’t meet the required spec will be advertised as "show plates" and are totally illegal for road use.

The DVLA do not encourage mis-representation of number plates. They advertise numbers as they should be displayed and if a name or a word number can be made by altering the spacing then this is mis-representing the number and is breaking the law. Check out the DVLA site - it is all on there how to be road legal. This is not new its been going on for a long time especially if you are a biker.

Valid points valveman, and also by everyone on the forum...........

but it still makes me wonder why the DVLA will sell one of these plates for £3520 and the other for £245.....

Can we all guess which is the more expensive?......................

:doh::doh::doh:

Thats right the one that looks like it says something :headhurt:

Sorry I don't have any sympathy for this.

I agree; you wouldn't customize your tax disc, the plate is just something you have to have in a legal format. Most people probably think negatively of drivers with silly plates anyway as it just seems a cry for attention so I wouldn't bother, unlike exhausts of course which are needed for performance reasons.... obviously :blush:;)

if i had a private plate i'd only want one with my initials on, not bothered about spelling words out. for me i just don't want a plate at the front as it makes a mess of the bumper.

going to knock up a bracket to move the plate forward while still fitting it in the grille. so i'll be legal, but i will be able to take it off for shows and no one should be able to tell the difference.

I won't be changing my plate and I'm happy to pay the fines. :D

None of the copper have ever said to me that they will issue me with a strike, send me to a MOT station or anything else. Just a simple "get it changed".

I actually like plates that say your name or initials. What I do hate is ones that read obscure words like B005TED or B16 W1LY or PU55 KAT ;)

Im No Hater stew, i just cant stand, mis-spaced, incorrect size/style of font, incorrect plate size and screws stuck where there not meant to be drives me insane.

The small or incorrect font is the worse if i had my way peeps would get 6 points and £1000 fine for that :rant:

Im No Hater stew, i just cant stand, mis-spaced, incorrect size/style of font, incorrect plate size and screws stuck where there not meant to be drives me insane.

The small or incorrect font is the worse if i had my way peeps would get 6 points and £1000 fine for that :rant:

:blush::blush::blush: Stew rushes out to move his screws..... :lol::lol:

• Like 1