Its that time of year 'Be careful on the roads'!

stanski

We all love our Zeds but this time of year when all the muppets are out on the roads just take that bit more care folks. :)

Soon as it goes darker sooner and rains more often all hell breaks loose!

Already this morning torrential rain ....heading in and 1 car perched on one wooden fencing in a field beside the M56 near the airport! :surrender:

So be careful leave the ESP switched on and check your wipers, washer bottle and tyres every week - its easy stuff but easily forgotten!

(If your an RX8 owner check the oil level also and dont forget a spare can in the boot!) :D

There done my Road safety bit for the week! :blink:

i remember this same thread from last year ;)

dark + rain = double the journey time home for me last night.

Get in early, leave early is my ethos. Its light when I travel in, and light when I get home, with no extra travel time, although I do have to get up before 6am and in the office before 8am :yawn:

Still keeps me safe from the general loons on the M4!

good investment is rainex for the windows, improves visibility no end.

i will be upgrading to the full PIAA liquid set but got to finish off the rainex first. the PIAA wipers are also a great combination with the rainex/PIAA fluids.

i hardly have to switch the wipers on even in very heavy rain. its great fun watching it bead off :lol:

ive not checked my deadly nankangs in a good 2 months but i kicked them a little and they seem fine. my washer bottle is empty but its ok i can brake and the fluid swishes about giving one last dying squirt. my wipers are still there i think, i saw them this morning as they smeared over the dirty window. My headlights are pretty dull anyway so i figure sidelights only are sufficient and if i get close enough to the guy infront on the motorway i can use his instead.

Only kidding :p:lol:

ive not checked my deadly nankangs in a good 2 months but i kicked them a little and they seem fine. my washer bottle is empty but its ok i can brake and the fluid swishes about giving one last dying squirt. my wipers are still there i think, i saw them this morning as they smeared over the dirty window. My headlights are pretty dull anyway so i figure sidelights only are sufficient and if i get close enough to the guy infront on the motorway i can use his instead.

Only kidding :p:lol:

:disguise::scare:

If its dark on Sunday you can tuck in behind me on the way back :lol:

Had rain-ex on last 2 cars but don't like it anymore it smears too much with wipers on and with low sun and rain not a good mix!

never had a smearing problem, sounds like you didn't buff it off enough after applying, or put to much on.

i use mine to clean the glass with as well as it strips all hte dirt out when you apply it. even on a washed windscreen the kitchen towel still comes out dirty.

persoanlly i do find it not the easiest product to apply. and am hoping the PIAA liquids will be better, as they have a screen cleaner, screen protector, and washer fluid additive to go with the wiper blades.

i've got a new wiper rubber form my drivers side as that one has worn out already after a year. just starting to smear slightly and not clear the window as well as when new. partly due to activating the wiper when the screen was frosty as put micro tears in the rubber.

Must have been the mileage I was doing and the sh£@ car was exposed to. You would be surprised how much grease is on a motorway.

I did apply it correctly to the Pathfinder and X trail before that yes it's good but does smear after a couple of weeks. Trust me I am anal about this kind of stuff :surrender:

anal, buffing and buggery all in one thread................ :scare:

(sorry but someone else was bound to say it......) :lol:

I am surprised this website isn't the number one found by search engines when searching for gay stuff!!!!! The number of references we have here and I am not even mentioning the Shrek meister!!! :p:lol:

if the rain ex stuff isn't quite up to the job then the PIAA stuff should be.

i'm using up the old rainex, must admit my windsreen has got better the more layers i've put on. but i can't wait till i upgrade to PIAA.

its all the same stuff even a chopped potato works fine. Make sure you wash the screen, then use glass cleaner, I glass cut the screen every 6months then apply 3layers of rainx making sure it dries and buffs up. Works great and lasts ages.

if the rain ex stuff isn't quite up to the job then the PIAA stuff should be.

i'm using up the old rainex, must admit my windsreen has got better the more layers i've put on. but i can't wait till i upgrade to PIAA.

its all the same stuff even a chopped potato works fine. Make sure you wash the screen, then use glass cleaner, I glass cut the screen every 6months then apply 3layers of rainx making sure it dries and buffs up. Works great and lasts ages.

yup been there done that - still wont use it on the Zed though may use it on the van as the wipers (although new) still dragg on the glass so it will help with that! :)