What a lot of water....

Stew

The East coast of Scotland has even made national news I hear....

I had an interesting drive home from the office last night at 7.30 after a day of torrential rain.

Of my 16 miles drive at least 8 were under water, and I don't mean a piddly 1/2" either..... I followed a focus for a bit of the journey and a lot of the water was half way up his back bumper. Proper water!

I just stuck the landie in a low gear and gave it revs, got me home and I actually had fun splashing the water waaaaaay higher than the car! :drive1:drive1:drive1

The Zed would not have made it..... one as it is too low and it also has a low front mounted Injen CAI which would have been submerged in the water! :lol::lol:

I flew back from a conference in Edinburgh (amazing city!) last night and we had to wade through the water to get onto the plane :scare::scare::scare:

Can't wait to go back...but hopefully in the Z next time :D

The radio never even mentioned Edinburgh! They said between St Andrews and Aberdeen was the worst hit.

I reckon there was 18-24" on some of the roads! I had a look at some of the fields and they had mental amounts of water in them.

40 - 50 houses were evacuated from the official home of the 350z-uk Ice Cream shop, Stonehaven. It has to be bad before the National news are reporting on Scottish rain! :lol::lol:

Yer not kidding Stew!........I was working in St Andrews yesterday morning............I was meant to be going down to Knockhill in the afternoon for some pax laps but thought the better of it :blink: ............so the drive home (all of 10 miles) was very 'interesting' :drive1

We have had a awful lot of water here too :scare:

Took the Z out yesterday and had a major problem :scare::scare:

I have the jwt fitted and was driving through sum standing water on a B road slowly about 20mph in second gear. After pulling away the car started spluttering and backfiring above 3000rpm. Scared the **** outa me as i thought it had sucked some in. :headhurt:

I pulled in and hada look and the filter was soaked in water, let it sit idling for 20 mins :snack: and away it went again no harm done. :shrug: all back to normal.

I thought the jwt would have been high enough to avoid this but obviously not :blush:

Looks like its back on with the stock airbox for the winter :thumbdown:

Just be carefull

:worthless:

You knew it was coming Stew ;)

I took a couple of pics with my mobile with 2 metre spray coming over the freelander. They came out black though. My mobile camera is crap!

Pictures in the local newspaper though. In the middle of town though so not like my extreme 'shire' driving!

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1464372

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1464729

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/ShowGal ... rdeenshire

Your lucky Stew that you had the Landy.

I luckily avoided using my Z all weekend until this morning. Stayed at the mrs flat in aberdeen however was heading on to the langstracht from anderson drive and was shocked to see that area beside the traffic lights was 3" deep in water.

If it gets worse I may need to get a for crossing the bridge at Inveurie. lol

:boat:

Im a self confessed PUDDLE SPLASHER :boat::boat::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Isn't that a bit dangerous with Nankings and bald 040s ?

Ill thank you for your apology as my 40's are nearly new and by no means bald. they are just SHART!!

yeah its a shame ill get so much less puddle play in now i have the zed :(

Part of Dundee had a powercut on Sunday, which affected the shop. Some of the guys had to run round coverering the stock with tarpaulins when the power went..

The roundabout at the south (Fife) end of the Tay bridge is still submerged about 5-6 inches.... No traffic police today ;)