NOT THE ENGINE IN MY Z I EXPECTED???

RICHIERICH

Hi all,

I recently was going to upgrade panel filter, so went on K&N site to get some details. It mentioned x2 to be fitted 2007 onwards. Now mine is registered 2007 march, and it clearly has 1 filter and is the 296hp engine VQ35DE NOT VQ35HR. Im confused and pi**ed off! and probably paying too much insurance but the 2007 model with 2006 engine is not an option for insurance? I purchased 9 months old in Dec 2007 with HP and accident checks done, Can someone please explain? I will be on the phone to Nissan to get some questions in the morning.

Well no I dont but clearly it was a 2007 registered car, so thought it would have the uprated engine, im really pi**ed off about it, so I have a 2007 coupe with a 2006 engine GREAT! I wont be paying as much insurance I hope. I feel like getting rid of it now. I know bit of a brat! thought the bulge was the 2008 models

Well no I dont but clearly it was a 2007 registered car, so thought it would have the uprated engine, im really pi**ed off about it, so I have a 2007 coupe with a 2006 engine GREAT! I wont be paying as much insurance I hope. I feel like getting rid of it now. I know bit of a brat! thought the bulge was the 2008 models

MY UY GT4 was on a 06 plate but was not a MY06 as it had the older MY03 interior. It happens all the time, cars don't get registered and when they do they go on the current plate. There was a UY GT4 from Cyprus that was on a 57 plate and being sold for £28k....imagine paying £28k for what effectively was a 2 and a half year old car................

The key here is whether they sold you the car as an 07 plate or a MY07.....if the ad said 313bhp then you may have a case otherwise its a case of, you didn't know either way and they have no reason to volunteer the info if you don't ask the right questions........... :blush:

Probably not. Tbh it's not like there's only a very subtle difference between the two cars: A quick look under the bonnet would have told you what engine it had, or even (although this isn't infallible) a glance at the bonnet itself! Actually, scratch both of those, looking at the rev counter should've told you depending on if it went to 7K or 7.5K rpms. You knew enough about the different revisions to want the 313 model, yet didn't think to check that it was one before you paid your money? Sorry bud, but I can't be the only one here thinking that this is a problem entirely of your making, and unless it was mis-sold as a 313bhp model (which I bet it wasn't if it came via a Nissan dealer, as they tend not to put things like that on their adverts) then I'd just suck it up and put it down to a mistake you're not likely to make again.

I would'nt worry mate there is not THAT much difference between the 2 engines really, they are ace cars - just make sure you tell your insurance its the 2006 model and if there are issues tell them the VIN number - it will be on your V5! :)

Worth writing to Autotrader they probably have to archive ads for 7 years for legal Financial reasons? Hope this helps

Probably not. Tbh it's not like there's only a very subtle difference between the two cars: A quick look under the bonnet would have told you what engine it had, or even (although this isn't infallible) a glance at the bonnet itself! Actually, scratch both of those, looking at the rev counter should've told you depending on if it went to 7K or 7.5K rpms. You knew enough about the different revisions to want the 313 model, yet didn't think to check that it was one before you paid your money? Sorry bud, but I can't be the only one here thinking that this is a problem entirely of your making, and unless it was mis-sold as a 313bhp model (which I bet it wasn't if it came via a Nissan dealer, as they tend not to put things like that on their adverts) then I'd just suck it up and put it down to a mistake you're not likely to make again.

+1 you should have done your homework bud :thumbdown:

+1 you should have done your homework bud :thumbdown:

+2 ditto the aboves

It wasn't purchased from dealer, lol very subtle changes yeah I shud have noticed these changes big time! I thought the environmental controls having silver rings round them meant that aswell. If Auto Trader were able to help and did prve to advertise 313 hp I dunno if I cud do much as it could have been a genuine mistake and down to me to check, it did mention face lift but that is true as the 2005 model was 276 hp? Oh well just have to mod it to f**k! to get that extra 17hp back LOL

It wasn't purchased from dealer, lol very subtle changes yeah I shud have noticed these changes big time! I thought the environmental controls having silver rings round them meant that aswell. If Auto Trader were able to help and did prve to advertise 313 hp I dunno if I cud do much as it could have been a genuine mistake and down to me to check, it did mention face lift but that is true as the 2005 model was 276 hp? Oh well just have to mod it to f**k! to get that extra 17hp back LOL

The 313 model wasn't available until Sep 07 delivery, I know I had to wait for one, the 06 model is indeed the facelift model with revised bumbers, head/tail lights and introducing the rev up engine with a 7k limiter, from the 06 to the 313, no interior revisions other then the rev counter reading up to 9K with 7.5K limit, so they both have the revised haeter/climate controls with the silver rings, revised gear lever surround and re-positioned hazard light switch, both have revised door cards with cup holders.

As already mentioned just enjoy the car now and if it's really bugging you then swap it out for a 313 or even a 370 as that version of the HR motor is even more impressive.

probably like me i just saw a zed and loved it, i had no clue what i was really buying didnt know the difference between the models, just so happened i bought a GT4 wasnt really till i came on here post purchase i knew what i had. fortunately for me it worked in reverse got a GT4, and to be perfectly honest i bought it coz i liked the colour and of course the test drive.

so i could of made the same mistake, but maybe not i wanted a yellow one. ( i looked in car guide and was getting a good deal for mileage and a GT model) bonus it was a GT4. seller wasnt a forum member.

footnote sarnie whats with 03 interior in your GT 4 ????? thought it was all 05 MY for GT4. ( see still learning) :blush:

footnote sarnie whats with 03 interior in your GT 4 ????? thought it was all 05 MY for GT4. ( see still learning) :blush:

What Sarnie means is that the same interior used in the MY03 cars was used in all cars up to MY06 (when it got a makeover) and that includes the GT4.

And never buy a nearly new car from Trade Sales then - they will often end up with newer plated cars that are just registered late as the manufacturers can't get rid of them...

I wouldn't worry bud, yours looks better than the ones with the bulge IMO anyway! :)

Here's a pic of an MY06

P1020201.jpg

There are (illuminated) drink holders at the front of each door armrest that you cannot see in th pic and the single dash drink holder has been converted to a credit sized card coin holder.

(Brodit o2 orbit phone holder/charger and curly wire serving the snooper is my addition :blush: )