Political Question Time

Zedrush

Anyone watch it, love how Jack Straw tried to wangle his way out of the overpopulated immigration questions... idiot :wacko::lol:

highly doubt Nick Griffin was telling the truth when he said he would let the Islamic man stay if he was born and bred in the U.K. I always thought if we were of different ethnicity and BNp got in we would have to leave. Wonder where i'd go, im like a complete mix, is there a special island for erm pick n mixes like me :blush::surrender::lol:

It was an absolute waste of time. Dimbleby was far from the neutral chair that this programme so desperately needed, and to invoke Godwin's Law so early on just made for a bout of hysteria in the audience. They didn't give Griffin a chance to speak, instead preferring to spend all their time telling him what he said in the past and then shouting over him when he tried to respond. Just look at Jack Straw: The more he spoke, the more bumbling and cretinous he became as he simply had no idea what the hell he was talking about, and if they'd have let Griffin talk for more than 20 secs at a time it would've been like giving him enough rope to hang himself with. Instead we're no further knowing any of the BNPs policies or just how they would go about things given a chance (some would say that's not a debate for QT in the first place, but the BBC certainly wanted it to be), we're back to the same set of half-truths we all knew before.

I missed it but by the time the news hype had gone to a frenzy on the radio this week I could'nt be fussed anyway!

Still think it was more the BBC trying to get ratings than anything else - sounds like they missed an opportunity to show that w@%k@r up by letting him hang himself in public ! :lol:

Someone made a comment that if the current government toughened the immigration laws and worked toward stopping the over crowding and the situation of illegal immigrants then the BNP would never have risen as quickly as they have in the last couple of months.

The BNP are just riding on the back of the British publics upset with the current immigration status as it is. It is the minority of people that agree with what the BNP stand for but a vast majority of people (according to polls - make of them what you will) agree that our current immigration laws are a joke which is giving the BNP credibility in the minds of those who dont know enough about their other policies of hatred and intollerance..

Ekona I couldnt agree more, alot of people on the panel who loved the sound of their own voice didnt give Nick the chance to speak. Not that Im advocating anything positive Nick would have to say, but it did seem like it was a perfect time for each party to hide their own weaknesses by jumping on the bandwagon and focusing on Nick's crazed ethics rather than dealing with the real issues that are problematic to Britain, one which Jack Straws party has landed us in. :dry:

For Jack Straw to say that the reason for BNP's recent increase in popularity is nothing to do with the huge in-serge and unaccountable increase of immigration, then it just goes to show how deluded labour really is. Anything to not accept responsibility for their own errors.

The only one who I thought spoke any sense was the lady on the panel representing the conservatives. Everyone else the panel were just as ignorant as the next.

And some of the questions asked from the audience, some were valid.. some were just plain stupid. :wacko:

The whole programme was a chance for the other political parties to attack the BNP & hopefully win the voters support. It never addressed the real problems because everything was aimed at setting up Nick Griffin to take a kicking. The PR guys from the Labour party must be cringing after Jack Straw's bumbling display, he couldn't put together an answer without stumbling over his words :lol: I'm not really sure it did much damage to the BNP, only time will tell.

By the way, if the BNP used their "indigenous" people theory, would that mean the Royal family would have to pack their bags? :lol::lol:

The whole programme was a chance for the other political parties to attack the BNP & hopefully win the voters support. It never addressed the real problems because everything was aimed at setting up Nick Griffin to take a kicking. The PR guys from the Labour party must be cringing after Jack Straw's bumbling display, he couldn't put together an answer without stumbling over his words :lol: I'm not really sure it did much damage to the BNP, only time will tell.

By the way, if the BNP used their "indigenous" people theory, would that mean the Royal family would have to pack their bags? :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ja Vol Mon Queenie :p:lol::lol::lol::lol:

The only one who I thought spoke any sense was the lady on the panel representing the conservatives.

Hmmm, I'm not so sure about her. Her views on homosexuality aren't exactly subtle (although she did well to dig herself out of the hole she almost made), and whilst she certainly spoke with an air of calmness and authority that the others lacked I can't help but feel she was only there because the Conservatives wanted to show the other face of their party i.e. black and Islamic. Surely a more senior Conservative would've been a better choice rather than just play the other side of the race card? Jack Straw may be a useless muppet, but at least he's been around the block and is well known to most of the general public.

Although I didn't see the programme, I heard about it this morning in the usual 'office debate' we have. I think the point Bundus made

if the current government toughened the immigration laws and worked toward stopping the over crowding and the situation of illegal immigrants then the BNP would never have risen as quickly as they have in the last couple of months.
is quite accurate in my eyes.

I'm not a big fan of politics and have the view that 'they are all as bad as each other'. This view probably goes some way to explain why I've failed my accounting politics module for the past year! I know some of the general population have the same sort of view as me. They only see Labour and Conservatives parties and if they hate both, they would vote for the BNP without knowing anything about them. A well structured programme last night would have educated these people about the stance of the parties, and given them it in a short hour long programme that wouldn't be too ind epth, I feel QT has missed out on this objective greatly.

Looking forward to reading the rest of this thread, maybe I'll learn something and finally pass my exam :)

I always look at politics like fast food restaurants.

If you could take the good bits out of each one and out of that form one great eatery, the same applys to politics, each of the parties have good views maybe not all to some peoples taste but the crooks of the matter is that if they all bashed their heads together they could come up with some great policies and maybe implement some of them.

Jack Straw is just a grade A toooooooooooooollllllll

I always look at politics like fast food restaurants.

If you could take the good bits out of each one and out of that form one great eatery, the same applys to politics, each of the parties have good views maybe not all to some peoples taste but the crooks of the matter is that if they all bashed their heads together they could come up with some great policies and maybe implement some of them.

Jack Straw is just a grade A toooooooooooooollllllll

+1 Spaceman for PM!! :lol:

The problem lies when MP's personal agendas get in the way of their jobs - i,e the hunger for power and recognition amongst other things. Until selfish forces are removed we will be in the same situation for ever more - I dont even want to think about American Politics!! :surrender:

apparently not sure if this is a rumor but bnp are suing bbc for unfair treatment whilst on the show :wacko:

It's all publicity for BNP (or should that be KKK????) and if the elections turn out like the results of the two seats they won recently then their name will be on the lips of the daily star reading voters that actually show up to vote!

apparently not sure if this is a rumor but bnp are suing bbc for unfair treatment whilst on the show :wacko:

Not suing, but complaining to the BBC Trust I think. Tbh I can't say I blame them, and I'd be doing the exact same in their shoes after the shambles that masqueraded as QT.