lucky

mylesmcg

the oil light came on my dash when i when round a tight bend so i got some royal purple and a new filter from envy :thumbs: i went round to my mates last night to change the oil. took the bung and oil filter off to let the oil drain. i left it to drain and came back 5mins later. i looked into the bucket to see how much oil was in it and there was less than litre of oil :scare: i think i got the oil changed just in time cuz the light malfunction indictor started flashing and the car sounded funny just as i got to my mates. only had the car since august so the twats at the dealer mustn't have put oil in it or changed it at all :rant: luckily the car is running nice and smooth now

rant over :p

By the time the light comes on it's too late. You will have suffered some damage to your engine, just how much is to be determined.

+1 You really must check your oil level on a weekly basis and the "twats" at the dealers are not to blame. :headhurt:

Potentially a very expensive mistake. :scare:

:scare: Got to agree with the previous posts, a litre of oil MIGHT have been ok on a smaller engined car but on a V6... not likely. The sounds your refering to when you pulled up to your mates will be your engine internals, my BMW did the same thing, the car may feel fine after putting the oil back in but come the next service, if it makes it, you may get a shock. Best thing is to get it to the garage straight away.