Tyres

Ian W

As much as a fan I am of Goodyear F1's, I would not put GSD3's on, I would go for the Assimetric pattern.

Unfortunately they don't make those in the correct sizes for the rear, as I was looking for a set at the weekend. :(

Thats what I thought when I looked a few months ago

I have Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta's and I'm very pleased with the grip on them. (they look good too B) )

Hi

I have looked at the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta's and have what ay be a stupid question. Does the tread pattern run in the same direction on the left side and right side tyre? The tyres I saw both have a thick groove on the 'inner' side of the tyre but the tread ran in opposite directions.

I am changing my wheels and was going to swap the Falkens off them onto the new ones.Tyre fitter told me this would be a pain so have decided to let them go with the wheels.

My dilema now is which tyre to choose,still staying on 19" but would prefer a better tyre than the Falkens.

Looking at paying £200 a corner,any suggestions.

I've had about 9000 miles out of the rears but that did include one trackday and two very abrasive airfield days, so that's very reasonable I think. Fronts are still going strong, I expect them to last at least the 18K it'll take before I have to replace the rears again.

Thanks guys. :thumbs:

Only question is what they wear like?

PS2s all the way m8!!!

Better than the 050As...not for much but they are...wear wise they are bad. I honestly dont know how ekona makes so much out of them but 2 cadwell track days on 36psi and about 80 laps in total is all they can take. And they will be barely legal on the way back. :)

I cant comment purely on road use cos i v always mixed it with track days. :thumbs:

Thanks guys. :thumbs:

Only question is what they wear like?

mps2 are top notch, i've passengered in ekonas, and also played follow the leader with him to and they do grip well. would say the sessantas are also a good choice if the mps2's are that bit too pricey, these too will also out perform the falkens and the toyos ;)