Broken bodywork after incorrect badger clearance

djtp

I live in the country and a few weeks ago, I had a bit of a problem with some local wildlife - I accidentally scalped a dead badger. :headhurt:

Stupidly I thought it would fit underneath my zed, however after one almighty wallop it managed to fit underneath and came out the back.

Whilst removing badger from the air scoop around the rear diff, I found a broken plastic bit rattling around inside the front bumper.

It looks like it keeps out water from some pipework and as I live in Wiltshire and sometimes my drive to work looks like this: :boat: I'd like to replace it.

The local dealer hasn't yet found a part number to re-order, however I've found it on a service manual and circled it in red below.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks

djtp

thanks martinmac - :thumbs:

I will do.

I thought it was only my car that the badgers liked - I wouldn't mind if they tasted nice after being tenderised, but the odour of fresh badger being slightly seared on the exhaust manifold isn't that appetising!

I have clipped a badger before. Someone had already seen to it, but it was in a heap in the middle of the road, on a blind corner. I had no where to go so decided to attack it head on. It sounded like it was playing the bongos with the bottom of my car, and finally reappeared about 30 meters down the road. Luckily I had no damage, but a big lump of fluff near the back box.

My brother found it hilarious in the passenger seat!