Pinoeer AVH-4100DVD (FINISHED)

chippy

After ballsing up my Bose when fitting my Satnav (Bose no skips constantly), I'm going to replace the HU with a nice pioneer jobby.

I've ordered the ICT loom, steering control cable and also a flashy DVD bypass relay from the US so that the DVD will play on the move.

I guess that all I need to do is follow this for the cabling for the loom?

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=19787&start=30

As the new HU has a 4v preout compared to the 2v for the AVIC, I presume I shouldn't have any volume issues?

Is there anything I've missed or need to take care of?

:wacko:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if it will affect your model but Incartec have released a new steering control adaptor for this years Pioneer/Sony units that isn't yet available from anyone except ICT directly.

I initially bought the 29-007 for my AVIC f710bt but after speaking with ICT found I needed the new 29-020 to actually make it work.

Would be worthwhile emailing them for confirmation on your model (info@incartec.co.uk), they were quick to respond and really helpful.

btw you dont actually need a relay or anything to bypass the video ont he move just conect the wire that is meant ot go to the handbrake part straight to the body work !

thats what i always do as i can never be bothered to hook up a switch or anything to the handbrake !

Oh well, too late as I'd already order the relay thingy off Fleabay.

Thanks for the tip Mac, I do indeed need the newer ICT29-020 instead of the 007. Only trouble is Sextons don't seem to list it, so I'm trying to track one down!

Ping an email to sales@sextonsdirect.co.uk and they will be able to get it for you. It may well appear on thier site very soon.

i plan to take this route eventually

+1 the skipping on my Bose drives me nuts (seems more when the car's cold?). Having looked around I really like this unit, planning to get one eventually so i'll be interested to see how you get on / if there's any way the steering wheel controls are still functional?

I've never installed an aftermarket head unit myself before, so needs to be fairly simple for me! :blush:

I emailed Sextons on Friday regarding the steerig wheel control cable (29-007). They have told me that the new cables that they have are the same as the 29-020 so the one I receive should work fine......sounds a bit odd to me but I'll try it and see.

I also decided to order the iPod cable, as I might as well fit it whilst all the console is out. Not sure the best place to run it too though - possibly the cubby behind the drivers seat, as I find that I get feedback on bluetooth when I get a call if I leave it in the centre console box.

I presume that the cage for the headunit, or the headunit itself attaches to the standard brackets that the Bose unit is screwed onto? Wheres the best place to bolt the ground cable too - any bit of metal, or will the cage itself just do?

Are you using an Iphone though, as mine seems to interfere with the bluetooth module (the usual mobile type feedback) i I leave it in there and the phone rings.

Is it possible to feed it through the console and then to one of the cubbies behind the seats instead?

Not using the iPhone, everytime someone buys an iPhone Steve Jobs kills another puppy. It's true, don't argue. :boxing:

It was bad enough buying an iPod, had to scrub myself down with a wire brush while standing on hallowed ground afterwards. :blackeye:

I can't see any reason why you couldn't run the cable to one of the rear cubbies, might have to remove your seats to get the back panel off tho.

Just been down to my local R.A.M Audio and they quoted £575 plus fitting for this... :scare: don't think so when I've seen them on t'internet for around the £380 mark!! He did answer my main two queries though;

Will it work with the factory bluetooth / steering wheel controls - Yes

Will it work with the factory Nav / voice Guide - yes

Now just working out whether I can justify putting my hand in my pocket so close to Xmas :shrug:

...but in the meantime if, say, you fancied mapping out the installation process as you go along... that would be really useful...? :thumbs::lol::lol:

Will do.....I'm planning on following the AVIC wiring (as detailed in the first post) as the HU wiring looks to be identical. Just going to use a proper DVD bypass though and an Ipod cable to somewhere.

Already have the facia and HU, just waiting on the ICT cables, bypass and ipod cable to arrive - hopefully it'll miss the RM strike!

Well if it helps, I got my HU from a place called Dynamic Sounds on the web - £384 which is a fair bit cheaper than most are charging. Arrived next day by UPS too.

The killer is all the bl**dy wiring, facia etc costs?:-

£30 for the Pioneer ipod cable

£33 for the ICT loom

£5 for the steering wheel cable

£15 for the facia

£30 for the bypass (although I believe there is a cheaper option!)

£20 postage

£133 for extras! :rant:

That's a massive help, thanks :#1: I was planning on putting together the shopping list, but you've saved me the effort!!

Know what you mean though, start off with the head unit and the cost just gets bigger an bigger! Tbf, it's still cheaper than RAM were quoting me for the HU alone so... bargain..? :lol:

right then, I followed the link on the original thread and soldered and heat shrank in the ground wires, with the exception that I soldered the ground wires on the Pionner cable and the ICT separately - so that I have two ground wires with eyelets. All is fine.

But, where the feck do the Black, Yellow, Red and White RCA plugs on the ICT loom plug into or are they just surplus?

I'm a bit confused on how the unit attaches to the console as well....the double din facia has a larger hole than the Pioneer unit although it seems alright if the pioneer facia is left on, but that connects to the cage and with the cage installed all the screw holes in the side of the unit are hidden...very weird. I'm sure this bit will be clearer when I come to fit it on Saturday.

Piccy of the headunit without the pionner facia and cage and DD surround

AVH04.JPG

Unit with Pioneer surround (no DD facia)

AVH05.JPG

Both facias

AVH06.JPG

side shot with cage on

AVH07.JPG

side without cage

AVH09.JPG

Will it work with the factory bluetooth / steering wheel controls - Yes

Hmm - I've never seen an aftermarket unit yet fitted which retains the bluetooth / steering phone controls. I have heard it sort of can be hacked together but normally its once you get an aftermarket you loose the built in bluetooth.