Pinoeer AVH-4100DVD (FINISHED)

chippy

I used a normal double din facia and you'll aslo find a plastic "filler" (looks a plastic photo mount) that comes with the HU...I need to cut this down to the outside edges of the double din facia to hide the gaps at the top and bottom (the facia is about 5mm too large in height....dont be tempted to reducee ths size of the square "hole" in the centre of this mount as it's need a bit of a gap for the facia of the HU to slide down when you insert a CD/DVD.

Sounds diffcult but it'll make sense when you have the facia and the mount in your hands.

Price sounds about right.

The correct steering wheel control cable for it is a 29-020 - DON'T get the 29-007 - it wont work

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sextons didn;t have the 29-020 steering wheel cable and don't let them convince you otherwise! They told me that the 29-007 was the same, and it isn't so I wasted a week and had to remove and reinstall the console twice. I went straight to InCarTech in the end.

Sextons are fine for the 29-674 loom (if you need that one) and the DDin facia.

I bought the ipod cable and DVD bypass off fleabay.

• 2 weeks later...
Just been down to my local R.A.M Audio and they quoted £575 plus fitting for this... :scare: don't think so when I've seen them on t'internet for around the £380 mark!! He did answer my main two queries though;

Will it work with the factory bluetooth / steering wheel controls - Yes

Will it work with the factory Nav / voice Guide - yes

Now just working out whether I can justify putting my hand in my pocket so close to Xmas :shrug:

...but in the meantime if, say, you fancied mapping out the installation process as you go along... that would be really useful...? :thumbs::lol::lol:

Used "Ram" (Wakefield) myself over the years M8, on 2 other cars, a 200SX and a Civic Type R. Good work on them.

No more!!! :thumbdown: Made a right pigs ear of the Z. Took them nearly 14 days to sort it. All sort of issues when the brought back my PnJ (Pride and Joy)

1. Sat nav wouldn't talk. Brought it back like that. (They rang everybody to try and sort it, cos they didn't know what was wrong and then canniblised the Bose head unit to make it work).

2. System not set up when delivered back.

3. Front speakers wouldn't work at all.

4. Left a loose screw rattling aroung in the dash. (which drove me mad for a month).

5. Insufficient dynamatting. I dont think they used what I paid for.

6. Sub not mounted correctly which then tore loose and had to be fixed.

But worst of all they dinked 1 of my wheels, on a car that was only 3 months old at the time and denied it.

It seemed to me they had so much work, that they were fitting me in around all the contract work for dealers (Reversing sensor and piddling jobs like that) While the Z was in for a full install. I got the impression this time that they had let an apprentice do the work without supervision. I wouldn't matter to me if the car had been £5000 or £32000 they should have got it right 1st time. (They're not cheap either).It's what they are supposed to be pro's at doing. Instead I had to argue to get it sorted.

I later had to get an expert in to sort out the mess. I know this has turned into a bit of a rant, but I wouldn't buy a fuse from Ram never mind let them work on any car for me again.

Sorry, feel better for that. :teeth:

I emailed Sextons on Friday regarding the steerig wheel control cable (29-007). They have told me that the new cables that they have are the same as the 29-020 so the one I receive should work fine......sounds a bit odd to me but I'll try it and see.

I also decided to order the iPod cable, as I might as well fit it whilst all the console is out. Not sure the best place to run it too though - possibly the cubby behind the drivers seat, as I find that I get feedback on bluetooth when I get a call if I leave it in the centre console box.

I presume that the cage for the headunit, or the headunit itself attaches to the standard brackets that the Bose unit is screwed onto? Wheres the best place to bolt the ground cable too - any bit of metal, or will the cage itself just do?

Alpine make a nice in dash 1din drawer for the Ipod come with the required cable, maybe Pioneer do to 1. This is my install...

Combi4.jpg

Combi3.jpg

:thumbs:

Chippy, what ICT loom do i need for this?? Guys at incartec said it's the ICT 29-674 - is this right? It's got me concerned cos he said you have to solder 3 bits????

I have the unit sitting at home now but want to make sure i order the right cables. I know i need the 29-020 steering controls and fascia too but didnt think i'd have to solder things???

Cheers buddy... :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...

Think this is going to be my next mod in the new year.

One question, if I get the proper harnesses etc will I still be able to use the bluetooth that is currently in the car, ie the Nissan one?

It works perfectly fine for me so don't want to change to something else as like to keep the steering wheel buttons etc.

Also does this unit has an audio in port so I can plug Nurrish's custom satnav into it.

I currently have it connected via the Bose Hack but for some reason the other day when I switch to Tape it says press eject....

So time to get the Bose to %$£*.

I take it I don't need to change anything else other than the head unit? Don't need to replace the amp or sub etc?

Might just spend a bit extra and get it fitted by a professional as can't really be ersed with the hassle. Don't suppose anyone can recommend a fitter in the Glasgow area?

you will loose factory BT but can retain steerhweel controls , should have audio in for the voice off the sat nav.

That was what I was worrying about reading thru the thread, but it doesn't make sense.

If I install an aftermarket BT handsfree like Parrott system. I don't lose it by replacing the HU, I just need to get the right harness as all the stereo is doing in receiving the signal to mute and play sound from the unit instead of radio etc which is in use.

Surely the Nissan BT system is not the actual Bose HU itself?

you will loose factory BT but can retain steerhweel controls , should have audio in for the voice off the sat nav.

That was what I was worrying about reading thru the thread, but it doesn't make sense.

If I install an aftermarket BT handsfree like Parrott system. I don't lose it by replacing the HU, I just need to get the right harness as all the stereo is doing in receiving the signal to mute and play sound from the unit instead of radio etc which is in use.

Surely the Nissan BT system is not the actual Bose HU itself?

no open the cenmter console cubby and youl find a little plug in module thats the BT but wiht out the bose HU its a paper weight.

get a HU with build in BT + the right harness and youl retain the controls (if your lucky)..... my jvc isnt fully compat so i only have vol and track up not down :( the telephone voice act button is now source.

different makes will map acrross the buttons differntly. my advice go for one thats tried and tested and you should be good to go :thumbs: