Roadster woes... again

martinmac

£15k for a roof? Are the people in charge of pricing Nissan spares smoking something in category B?

You may as well pick up a whole roadster for the £15k and have a spare for every part on the car! :lol:

Spare part for everything apart from the roof ;):lol:

Hope you get this sorted soon bud. Maybe see if Nissan will sort out the labour for free and get the parts from Lee if they wont do it all for free. Sure you are on it though. :thumbs:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, they have now found the problem(s).

The roof wont work. :lol:

Parts needed to fix it are an actuator, catch ( rings a bell Lee) and motor.

Bargain price for these £1300 fitted.

hangman.jpg

I had my roadster roof vandalised (actually just the rear glass smashed) - I thought I could just replace the glass - but oh no, Nissan kindly informed me that I needed to replace the whole roof. They gave me a choice of replacing just the roof for £2.5k or the complete roof with motor/mechanism for the bargain price of £11.5k plus labour.

Of course I told them where to go and bided my time until a complete roof came up on ebay with motor/mechanism for £500. Fitted it myself with the help of a couple of mates - straight swap, no need for a jig or any other professional alignment service. I now have my roadster back with a newer roof and absolutely no leaks - result! B)

The point is that if you can find a complete roof secondhand thats been professionally removed then perhaps its much better than paying over the odds for a couple of small motor parts.

I have just had a call from Nissan and I must say its sounding promising. If the fault is a manufacturing fault then they will get involved. As the car is 4 years old I would have thought that it must be. :)

Good luck mart :thumbs:

Re rear glass any windscreen replacement company would have done that for you but well done on fixing it yourself :thumbs:

I have been offered some cheaper parts but am leaving it with Nissan to sort out at the moment. I want to see if the system works and am happy to give them the praise if it does. They are very aware of all of the issues regarding this. :)

I sincerely hope they aren't used parts dudish out of another Z.

I have been offered some cheaper parts but am leaving it with Nissan to sort out at the moment. I want to see if the system works and am happy to give them the praise if it does. They are very aware of all of the issues regarding this. :)

Best of luck! From experience, I will not hold my breath though.

• 2 weeks later...

I am happy to report that Nissan customer services have agreed to contribute a substantial amount towards this. I was getting very irritated at not having heard anything for some time It turns out that Nissan had passed this information to the dealer last week and they were supposed to let me know. They hadnt bothered.

So, I am happy that Nissan have done all they can to move this along after they were involved and have come up with a very fair offer to resolve the matter. :) Always worth contacting them IMO. :thumbs: