Roadster woes... again

martinmac

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bet they say 'whole new roof system - £4000' or something equally as ludicrous!

Well thats the problem -they do stuff like this as a complete unit - maybe the motors will be seperate and clips but the rest will be - sod it we cant be fussed lets flog it a complete unit!

The problem stealers will have is they wont gain access to a jig to check the alignment of the roof rails - this will be a special tool which they no doubt have to pay for extra - and since they only made so many ragtops it wont be a requirement worth the investment - probably better off going to a decent coach trimmer - they can usually suss this out quicker and cheaper. But anyway lets see what Nissan say? :snack:

Bet they say 'whole new roof system - £4000' or something equally as ludicrous!

Well thats the problem -they do stuff like this as a complete unit - maybe the motors will be seperate and clips but the rest will be - sod it we cant be fussed lets flog it a complete unit!

The problem stealers will have is they wont gain access to a jig to check the alignment of the roof rails - this will be a special tool which they no doubt have to pay for extra - and since they only made so many ragtops it wont be a requirement worth the investment - probably better off going to a decent coach trimmer - they can usually suss this out quicker and cheaper. But anyway lets see what Nissan say? :snack:

Bit like an article James May wrote about his old car being broken. Dealers couldnt work out the problem, and when he was down at his plane engineers place once day, he had a look at it and solved it! Case of a proper engineer looking at what was really going on, solved what turned out to be a very simple problem! Send it to an old boy engineer Mart! Preferably one with a lump hammer ;)

WTF :surrender: new motor ball cocks these things are bullet proof and have minimal stress on them? It's basically a starter motor you could drive the car with it!!

More likely a misaligned runner somewhere that's caused stress on the motor? Oh well get them to fix it for cost at least :boxing:

Yes Stan, Lee has been very helpful and offered me the parts. I just need to see how I stand with the dealer this afternoon.

Ok mate well good luck with it.

If you need to compare the hood with another one for example - text me and I can take some pics of mine and email you them? :thumbs: