Moving the number plate...

Muttley

Hey guys and girls,

I've bought a new front bumper and want to keep it de-badged and de-plated. Was thinking of buying a slightly smaller number plate and putting it in the grille area, to one side. My questions are:

1) Has anyone done this (or very similar) who can supply pics?

2) Would the number plate be an interference with the radiator? Does it need all that air to it? (sorry might be a stupid question, but im not hugely technical)

Thanks

Muttey

Thanks for the rapid responses guys! Hopefully we can get some good pics and answers so scootsoulby and I can crack on (if the bank man will let me?? :dummy: )

Thanks Allessandro for your input, thought id seen 1 or 2 members with it on their pictures but werent sure who they were. Thought itd b ok with the plate on the side but didnt wanna risk it.

Cheers again

You're better off running with no plate at all, as that carries far less a penalty than defacing a standard one in any way. Run without it for as long as you can, and then when/if you ever get stopped and given a ticking off by the police you just feign innocence and then suck it up and put a proper one on there. Fannying around with smaller size plates just seems a waste of time to me, it's not like it's actually any more legal than not having one at all.

*EDIT for terrible your/you're grammar error :oops:

You mean like this?

DSC04206.jpg

Takes about 2 mins to remove for shows :)

And if you have import and no specific "apature" for a plate, there are MOT rules that allow you to run a smaller plate like those found on ATB's ;)

and yer man didnt bother? :shrug:

:lol:

Tis me,im one of the peeps with a smoothed front end mate

Before:

350ZWHITE.jpg

Inbetween,oh how i wish it could of stayed like this :thumbdown:

6489_1146095506584_1653422279_36457.jpg

After:

Frntangle.jpg

I think Ekona said your better off going without one,heres an excuse you could try.lol. If asked where your plate is just say errmm on the front,then claim it must of fell off & your very sorry etc etc :lol:

On a serious note though i had a uk style plate but with the usual 64mm Import letters on the front of my veilside FTO, think it lasted 3 weeks before being stopped & told to put a uk plate on because its registered here it needs that plate :dry::yawn:

Heres what got me in trouble

smallplate.jpg

Just about see what i solved the problem with :thumbdown:

4240_95493521659_561796659_2650828_.jpg

Nope I forgot!! Forgot to put the spanner in the car! I now have a special spanner and allen key that have a special home in the rear cubby! Just coming up with a v2 that dosnt need spanners or allen keys.. (that wont fly off at speed!!)

;) nice looking :bounce:

Wicked!! Cheers for the pics guys, just what i was after! Yeh i have an import and i wasn't going to go silly with it, just small enough to fit in the grille.

Yep, had to drive for 4days with no rear plate once and had the "is it not there?" excuse ready but wasn't needed.

Thanks for the help guys!!

Muttley

Here is what I did with mine and have never had any problems from it *touch wood*

SNV32225.jpg

Yeh, I like this one ALOT!!!!!! Smaller then i was going to go but it looks so damn good i might be convinced to go push it alittle more.

Cheers for the wicked pics.

Muttley

• 1 month later...