Toyota FT 86

mc

there is a whole world of tuning for that subaru engine

I wouldnt be surprised if it become a decent drift car

But how much are you going to be able to get out of it without spending silly money? 20bhp? Maybe 30bhp? That's still not going to set the world alight, and if that car weighs as much as I think it's going to (around 1400kgs) you're still talking about a car that is going to be miles slower than a Clio 200, much less something competing on a more even price level.

It's a pretty car, I'll give it that, but unless they drop the 2GR-FE from the Toyota range or the EJ257 from the Subaru, then it's dead in the water as a performance car IMHO.

I'm sure it'll drive well, as Toyota certainly know what they're doing mostly when it comes to designing a decent chassis and Suburu have proved that they're not exactly novices, I just can't see why you'd buy it over anything else. If you want a RWD coupe then you'd buy a BMW/Lexus, if you want a cheap sports car you'd buy pretty much anything else that was actually sporty.

But how much are you going to be able to get out of it without spending silly money? 20bhp? Maybe 30bhp? That's still not going to set the world alight, and if that car weighs as much as I think it's going to (around 1400kgs) you're still talking about a car that is going to be miles slower than a Clio 200, much less something competing on a more even price level. It's a pretty car, I'll give it that, but unless they drop the 2GR-FE from the Toyota range or the EJ257 from the Subaru, then it's dead in the water as a performance car IMHO.

I see where you coming from Ekona but I dont think squeezing 300BHP out of that flat 4 subaru engine will break the bank and I do hope that they stick with the subaru engine to be honest.

I see where you coming from Ekona but I dont think squeezing 300BHP out of that flat 4 subaru engine will break the bank and I do hope that they stick with the subaru engine to be honest.

But how much is the turbo kit for that engine going to cost? A good few £K to do it properly, and that's even if the engine and gearbox are built for that sort of power.