Fuel Consumption

Mark@blueboys

Hi,

Only just got my Z, on my second tank of fuel now and was just wondering what MPG other people get in there 350's (driving economically).

The reason i ask is when i got the car the guy selling it told me that with a full tank he usualy gets around 450 miles... my last tank i got 290miles (driving economically about 50% of that), on bord comp was saying 21 MPG.

450 seems a bit high compared to what i got, dose anybody here ever get to 450?

Thanks!

450???? I bloody wish! Having said that motorway driving makes a big difference. I got an extra 100 miles from a tank when i was doing only motorway driving one weekend. I generally get about 24mpg and my daily commute is very mixed driving including a fair bit of queuing.

Think that man was yanking your chain.

You might get 450 from a tank on a run, keeping on the well behaved side of 70, in 6th gear, with no stopping and starting, but that's about it.

I average 300-350 miles from a tank driving sensibly, mix of motorways and around town driving.

You'll get alot less than that if you always in stop/start traffic or hooning it.

Mate of mine with a Zed who mostly does short journeys and has a heavy right food never sees above 20mpg. (more like 17-18)

-Dave

Think that man was yanking your chain.

You might get 450 from a tank on a run, keeping on the well behaved side of 70, in 6th gear, with no stopping and starting, but that's about it.

I average 300-350 miles from a tank driving sensibly, mix of motorways and around town driving.

You'll get alot less than that if you always in stop/start traffic or hooning it.

Mate of mine with a Zed who mostly does short journeys and has a heavy right food never sees above 20mpg. (more like 17-18)

-Dave

Bloody 'ell he must drift it to work every day! :lol:

I get around 20 mpg, but my commute is horrendous, its stop start for an hour, average apeed of 15 mph :bang:

On a long good run, I get this up to 25-28 easily, but its very easy to get this lower, just depends how disciplined you are with your right foot.

high milage is do able if you drive at 55mph

i get an average of 350 for my daily short drive per tank (i do about 8 miles a day)

but long drives sitting at about 75+ mph on long drives can get about 450 miles to a tank

had one journey that was slow moving averaging only about 50- 55 mph and got 550 miles to the tank i reckon i could have got to 600 miles but was on the red light and didn't want to risk not making the fule stop.

Thanks for your answers!

Im not realy bothered too much about MPG, just wondered if the guy who sold it to me was talking crap and if my car was burning more fuel that it should, but it seems its in line with all yours :D

Also i dont want it drinking more than it should as im taking it on a road trip next year down to the south of france, monaco, italy, up to the 'best driving road in the world' stelvio pass!, and back home via the Nürburgring. epic, so i wonder what my fuel bill will be for that!

Thanks for your answers!

Im not realy bothered too much about MPG, just wondered if the guy who sold it to me was talking crap and if my car was burning more fuel that it should, but it seems its in line with all yours :D

Also i dont want it drinking more than it should as im taking it on a road trip next year down to the south of france, monaco, italy, up to the 'best driving road in the world' stelvio pass!, and back home via the Nürburgring. epic, so i wonder what my fuel bill will be for that!

Did similar a couple of years ago and the fuel bill was over £800 (I did do 4400 miles in three weeks mind). Forget the bills, though, and enjoy the drive and views - most memorable holiday I've ever had :thumbs:

450 miles/tank is not unrealistic. I think that works out at an average of 25mpg.

If your car is anythink like mine I am lucky to get 300miles before the red light comes on, but I can easy do over 100 miles after that.

If a fill up when the light comes on a get between 50-55 litres in, which means that there must be another 30litres( 6 gallon) in the tank.

Yeah me to, the station that i used last time at the bottom of my road is also on a camber so if i pull up on the left side of pump the car is tilting slightly thus maybe a few more pennies in the tank.

Im on BP ultimate at the mo i know its only 97 Ron but it always used to give me top miles in the other cars i had.

Incidently is it just me or are Petrol stations now very Frustrating??? They are no longer just petrol stations now they have shops and lottery and all sorts. So it now takes light years to fill up as people are doing their frickin weekly shop :rant:

Im going to open a petrol station called Fill Up & F##k Off B)

my MPG ranges from 11mpg when i tracked it, to 32mpg when i do long haul. and on average its about 25mpg for day to day use.

i'm not to worried, i bought the car for its performance not its mpg.

:yawn: Have you got these stats saved somewhere on your lap top as I swear you must have wrote this down about 10 times :lol::lol:

as they say, repitition is good for the memory,

i got told off last time for telling some to go search it as its been done so many times before and we have like 100 threads on fuel consumption, each one saying exactly the same.

and have refrained from the other comments on how some peoples are now doing 300000000mpg due to a new dolhin valve being fitted, or an uprated donkey flange that now gives them 100000000 bhp and 2000 mpg.

they all have to start somewhere and i was in a nice mood so i posted a straight answer for once :D

as they say, repitition is good for the memory,

i got told off last time for telling some to go search it as its been done so many times before and we have like 100 threads on fuel consumption, each one saying exactly the same.

and have refrained from the other comments on how some peoples are now doing 300000000mpg due to a new dolhin valve being fitted, or an uprated donkey flange that now gives them 100000000 bhp and 2000 mpg.

they all have to start somewhere and i was in a nice mood so i posted a straight answer for once :D

Where do you get them valves :lol::lol::lol: