Fuel Consumption

Mark@blueboys

best way to improve MPG is weight saving, so i leave the wife at home :lol: only kidding lucy i love going for a drive with my wife :thumbs: and shes only a small slip of a girl :yahoo: she'd be better off driving my car and leaving me behind, i'm the weight issue in our house :blush:

after I got my car retuned it now gives me:

10.2 km/l instead of 6.4km/l... need to do a few 'normal' drives to get a more accurate consumption but it looks awesome! motorway cruising (130-140km/h) I had 14.4km/l !!!! amazing!

whats that in normal terms,

i'm not very eurofied, need it mpg, kmpl is just french to me ;):lol:

10.2 km/l instead of 6.4km/l... need to do a few 'normal' drives to get a more accurate consumption but it looks awesome! motorway cruising (130-140km/h) I had 14.4km/l !!!! amazing!

Its not even europe its japanese stuff hmm so is that l / km.... better go and check!

Its not even europe its japanese stuff hmm so is that l / km.... better go and check!

before tune: 6.4km/l = 18.0788mpg

after tune motorway speeds (130-140) 14.4km/l = 33.8709mpg

after tune a bit of a mix of both 10.2km/l = 23.9919mpg

I'm happy with those nr's... and thats by no means 'slow' driving.

What do mean "tuned"

I average 8km/l since purchase and 10 km/l sounds lovely.

Please elaborate!

eh not entirely true. When I first got it with std ecu I'm not sure what mileage I was getting (never bothered checking I think) now when I've got Haltech platinum 350z ecu I got it tuned with E5 and (ethanol 5%) it gave me the pre value and after I got it retuned (last week) I now get the new value.

# it might be due to three other things too: (making the egine easier to breath)

new Kinetix SSV manifold

new BERK cats

new custom 2.5"*2 exhaust system. (two pipes from catback)

:dance: The tuner did make it a bit 'lean' (I think around the normal driving conditions for me! lovely!)

Need to figure out how long it will take me before I actually make back the price for the tune :bounce: