Trying to remain positive !!!

stanski

Not a good start to the day so far!

Dentists appointment this morning so they let me work from home - ok great.Normally go in van less hassle and worry to park in town, no decided will take the Zed - managed to curb the alloy!! :rant: I never ever ever kerb alloys! Fortunately its minor scuffs on the lip - kerb was about 10 foot tall!!

Ok so does'nt look too bad I thought will fix it with some silver paint.... :dry:

My dentist is great been with him for years really gentle - you cant feel the needle going in at all, well I did this morning! :scare: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Then he did a quick clean while waiting for the anaesthetic to work - get the polishing brush out AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggghhhhh - super sensitive teeth this morning! :surrender:

Filling was actually fine 5 mins and done..... :teeth:

So £45 please thanks...

So got home - touched up the alloy with silver paint on brush - looks fine :blackeye:

Now I am shaking from the anaesthetic .......

Trying to remain positive could have been worse not what you want on a monday - at least I dont have that M56 drive today :shrug:

(the shrug emoticon is my new favourite! :) )

No fillings Stew - wow nice one! My mouth is like a Tin mine - would'nt mind but I dont have a particularly sweet tooth ... ahem :blush:

Thanks Chris - got the fire on full blast , fleece on and still cold. Oh well soon be Tuesday! :)

I've never had a filling! :teeth:

Me neither :teeth::teeth:

Had all my wisdom teeth taken out a few months back, that was a bi*ch :headhurt:

R

Still got my wisedom teeth but they dont bring me any wisedom - recon I got a duff batch! Typical! :lol:

Can't risk your bad luck rubbing off on me Stan + I have man flu and want to enjoy my final days without having a filling and numb mouth! :thumbs:

Its ok mate mine is over my third thing has happened - the shoes lace has broken on my shoe ! :lol:

I am sitting here in my Endeavour Club fleece as I am still freezing cold! Cant have the fire on Lucy is too hot - may take laptop to car soon and put the heated seat on! B)

Can't risk your bad luck rubbing off on me Stan + I have man flu and want to enjoy my final days without having a filling and numb mouth! :thumbs:

Its ok mate mine is over my third thing has happened - the shoes lace has broken on my shoe ! :lol:

I am sitting here in my Endeavour Club fleece as I am still freezing cold! Cant have the fire on Lucy is too hot - may take laptop to car soon and put the heated seat on! B)

:lol::lol::lol: good plan :thumbs:

You didn't mention which event was more painful.......the dentist or the curbed alloy :headhurt:

The nerves in my mouth are in a funny position.

My top ones can be numbed no probs but can take 4-5 jabs on the bottom jaw and buggers still not numb :scare:

Must be gebetic coz my 2 bros are the same.

Still reckon damaging the zed is more painful.

Was in a multi storey car park once and CRUSHED a sideskirt on a curb on a tight bend.

It crunched on impact.....like a knife in the heart. Then crunched some more as I tried to manouver away :surrender: .

Hope the alloy fixes OK :wave:

You didn't mention which event was more painful.......the dentist or the curbed alloy :headhurt:

The nerves in my mouth are in a funny position.

My top ones can be numbed no probs but can take 4-5 jabs on the bottom jaw and buggers still not numb :scare:

Must be gebetic coz my 2 bros are the same.

Still reckon damaging the zed is more painful.

Was in a multi storey car park once and CRUSHED a sideskirt on a curb on a tight bend.

It crunched on impact.....like a knife in the heart. Then crunched some more as I tried to manouver away :surrender: .

Hope the alloy fixes OK :wave:

Mr Headphones as you get older its just the physical pain that hurts more than damaging an object -be it your pride and joy - fortunately I acted quickly even though I was doing 1mph if that and probably saved the rest from worse damage! I just needed to touch up the lip with some silver paint - its not perfect but then not that obvious to see anyway - so I am not too bothered - if I would have got the spoke then I would have been a little annoyed to say the least! :surrender:

the dentists was far worse - the jab hurt- the polish hurt - the filling ironically was fine - my face felt the size of a Melon for most of the day - my throat hurts, my jaw hurts, I was freezing cold for hours and shaking - back to normal now.

Unfortunately my bad luck has gone to Lucy - she's in hospital tonight poor thing for observation not been feeling the best with baby so to our surprise they asked her to stay in for the night to await a scan tomorrow :byebye: So not only has it been a bad day now there is only me and the cat and she is being a wingebag for attention! :bangin:

I am in the process of getting my teeth sorted before I retire.

4 new fillings and two old ones to take out and replace so 6 in total.

The big one has been done with NO INJECTION :teeth: and unless the dentist insists I will not have the needle for the others. I hate the injection and the after pain much more than the drilling!!

It's not a big brave thing I just HATE the injections.

The next one is wednesday!!

Ming the ready

you will find that people in their 20's have far less fillings. I'm convinced it is because in the good old days some bad dentists used to fill your mouth with them to claim the money for it from the NHS. As a kid i had a fair few fillings and as an adult i can't even remember when i last needed anything. Some dentists were also keen on digging fillings out and putting them back in again when not really necessary........