Anyone fancy getting rid of their nissan micra key

chriswillis

did this mod on my honda civic

couldn't understand why a 2007 premium car had a crap key, same with the zed.

only issue was you had to un solder the transponder to move it closer to the key, otherwise the flip key wouldn't disable the imoboliser.

was a pain of a job but not impossible.

don't know exactly whats required with this one or if we end up with a key with random buttons left over.

i'm up for this, might well go for this, i hate the fact that my wife's golf has a nicer key :angry:

i have already ordered one!!! i await delivery, which takes 2-3 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!

i will let you all know how it goes,

the only thing i dont like is the "extra" buttons.

Sparky

it won't be the top key as the buttons don't match to the nissan key, the buttons are in a single capsule that you transfer, buttons and all.

i have already ordered one!!! i await delivery, which takes 2-3 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Sparky

it won't be the top key as the buttons don't match to the nissan key, the buttons are in a single capsule that you transfer, buttons and all.

i hope that it looks good, the seller said it will fit the key but he was a little weird with the answer he gave. ho hum, it was only 14 quid.

Sparky

factor in another £10-£15 to have the key cut ;)

they offer refunds if its not the right size.

my advice would be not to get the key cut first, but fit the button section to the new fob, if it fits then get the key cut. if it doesn't send it back and get your refund, no loss thst way.

then try it in the ignition, if it doesn't work dismantle the key and move the transponder, most likly have a gap for it if it needs it.

and then roberts your mothers brother :thumbs:

Sparky

i hope that it looks good, the seller said it will fit the key but he was a little weird with the answer he gave. ho hum, it was only 14 quid.

Sparky

If its the same one that I picked up on ebay then you could have got it for £8 from him ;)

I posted a guide somewhere on how to do it but I cant be arsed to find it :)

From what i can tell the US guys have a different remote to what i do, so the fob's you are buying im not sure if they will fit. hope they do though!

The U.S keys are different to ours but I am hoping that I can bodge it in someway :lol:

The main issue is gonna be getting the buttons on the chip to line up with the buttons on the fob

OK, here is an update,

i got my key today in the post. the button line up but the PCB will not go in the fob. no matter how much bodging there is

the key does not work!! it is totally useless unless you can play witht the electronics on the PCB, there is no way that the PCB will fit in the new "flip" fob :bang::doh::rant::angry:

i was told by the guy that it would fit a "UK" 350z, it does not!!!

Very annoyed!!

Sparky