DAMN XBOX!!! AGAIN!!!

srobrien

Bloody thing has finally given up, after the red ring of death which i fixed, the graphics chip is now freezing, i blame the gf though.

Exibit 1: Red ring of death - Sex and the City DVD in drive!

Exibit 2: Graphics chip knackered - The Hills season 4 in DVD drive!!

Coincidence?? I think not!

Anyway scored a refurbished Premium console from ebay for £60! so all's good! :thumbs:

R

Doh mine better not break,ive only had it a few weeks now

I have 2 xbox's age about 2 years old, the premium from new and has been fine and a elite again from new and this one has been sent off twice to microsoft but repaired free of charge. Yes it is a pain but always had the console back by 2 weeks and all tested and guarenteed again :blush:

Game on :yahoo:

• 4 months later...

my xbox just went pop :dry:

turned it on and all i got was 1 red light and an E74 code on the screen.

have just arranged for it to be repaired. thankfully well inside the warranty. had it 2 years and still have 1 year of warranty left. am glad i bought the 3 year extension now.

just have to wait for it all to be fixed now :dry:

at least its not costing me anything

my xbox just went pop :dry:

turned it on and all i got was 1 red light and an E74 code on the screen.

have just arranged for it to be repaired. thankfully well inside the warranty. had it 2 years and still have 1 year of warranty left. am glad i bought the 3 year extension now.

just have to wait for it all to be fixed now :dry:

at least its not costing me anything

Accept around 30,000 Modern Warfare 2 points :scare::lol:

Mine was doing the same thing. Would just freeze as soon as I started a game :console:

Now then. I had performed the "x-clamp" fix after it kept red ringing me and did work for a couple of months until the freezing started. A mate of mine suggested that I

1) Loosed the bolts on the GPU heatsink and only tighten them finger tight

2) Get a heat gun :scare: (It wasn't working anyway) and heat the top of the GPU heatsink (Its the smaller of the two heatsinks) for about 20-30 seconds staying about 1 inch away, moving it around the entire heatsink

Leave it about 20 minutes to cool down and its been working great since (did it about three weeks ago)

He said he has done this on about 4 other x-boxes and they are all working again

disclaimer:

The above information is tried at your own risk :p . I am not responsible for any melting of xboxs or hands. Do Not point the heatgun at your face. It will burn