Hoon 09 feedback and 2010 ideas

Stew

Could just give it a rest for this year if its going to be logistically difficult?

:scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

+ a millionty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah it is crap when you have to miss meets because of finance - that's why I originally pulled out of Wales :shrug: - but for those of us up here already Andy its our highlight of the 'meet year' - just as Wales is to those of you down South :teeth:

Hehe, I'd miss the wales run for the hoon anytime, good job they don't clash then! So are we looking at late sept/october then? or the more usual dates?

As for support vehicles, don't forget Rickys Civic!

Guess its up to Stew on the dates - but I'd got for August over Sept/Oct anytime :shrug::)

:lol: Ricky's Civic was before my time - but I heard the tales

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you guys allow a megane to accompany the z's? :blush:

Yeah we can put all our beer in your beer and back seats :lol:

:lol: We managed two hold-alls, my make-up bag :scare: a case of wine, a litre of JD and a box of beer last year in the zed :thumbs:

We had an Astra van as support vehicle last year - dunno why it couldn't be a Megane this year :shrug: aslong as you stay at the back :p

What do you mean stay at the back I remember that Astra keeping up quite well with the zeds :lol:

Stew if you are looking August or October for us :D

• 4 weeks later...

any update on whats going on with this yet stew?

if you're struggling to make time to do it, why dont we just do the same route as last year.

is everyone still wanting this to go ahead?

Well with Applecross being shut we are kind of scuppered at the moment.

Ok, there are other roads however I can't get it to mate up with eating / parking requirements.

As everyone who has attended will agree, choice and 'stuff' isn't really at a premium. The places we use are good and they were chosen for a reason.

I don't think the Hoon will be possible this year to be honest due to this.

Well with Applecross being shut we are kind of scuppered at the moment.

Ok, there are other roads however I can't get it to mate up with eating / parking requirements.

As everyone who has attended will agree, choice and 'stuff' isn't really at a premium. The places we use are good and they were chosen for a reason.

I don't think the Hoon will be possible this year to be honest due to this.

Oh thats a shame Stew - maybe some of the other side of the coast - but then you have the long drive to get there I suppose??

....Cue Andy and Ebized :snack:

I'm open to suggestions.

I could easily get something for the East Coast that was cracking but it wouldn't be the Hoon.....

The Lakes was talked about as a replacement for this year but caravan towing tourists make it a nightmare.

I'm at a loss just now, I REALLY want to do it but it would mean a complete re route and finding places that can hold 20 cars in the car park without too much fuss. Oh and it has to be somewhere that is decent quality too..... Not an easy task!

If we take a break this year we can be back with a better long weekender next year. ;)

If the dates were better we could have worked around it. I think they knew we were coming!

We'll just have to step up the meets in Scotland and maybe we can all make the effort to go to a big national show in England with all the other Zedders and have a few pints etc afterwards. :thumbs:

I'm more gutted than anyone about this but if I could work around it and it be as good then I would have.

Next year will just have to be better!

Well guys and girls......... just because the BIG meet is off, doesnt mean that we shouldnt organise smaller meets and more of them. Perfect examples of this is the latest Glasgow run, only about 100 mile trip there and back but turned out a great day and it felt more like mates going for a drive and lunch.

So keep a look out in the meets section as Viky and I will get more meets organised for you all. If anyone has any ideas or wants to organise a meet but is unsure of the proceedure etc, do not hesitate to contact myself of Viky.

Lets just put aside the Hoon for this year and get some cracking mini meets on the go. Plus it will make The Hoon even better next year :D;):drive1

Can I ask a question? is the Hoon a one day event? hows about we organise a 2 or 3 day event There are still some AMAZING roads around Scotland, Like the west coast north of Ullapool upto Durness and accross to john o groats. i've done this route before and it's TRULLY spectacilur

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&sourc ... 273438&z=9

you could easily make this a 2 or 3 day event with plenty of stops in Fort William, Ullapool, Durness, John O Groats and Inverness. what do you think?

Some pics of when I did it in a Lotus..

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=9 ... 844f602eb7

the big run is one day, but most people are up a few days or a week depending.... stew will be able to inform better...

what you basically said is what the hoon was

Can I ask a question? is the Hoon a one day event? hows about we organise a 2 or 3 day event There are still some AMAZING roads around Scotland, Like the west coast north of Ullapool upto Durness and accross to john o groats. i've done this route before and it's TRULLY spectacilur

For some it was a weeks event and not just driving as you will see here :teeth:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=16819

P1050695.jpg

P1050738.jpg

with Stew on the trip to the north coast after the Hoon

P1050810.jpg

...and Durness beach on the north coast - gee it was windy :lol:

P1050839.jpg