Big problems just after zedfest!!! Not happy!!!

shire350Z

Ok so now I am even more confused ...

Whats the difference between "CPS A Circuit Malfunction" and "CPS Circuit Malfunction" ?

I ordered a Crank Position Sensor from Nissan yesterday and will be collecting it today after work ... have I got the wrong part then?

When I spoke to the guy in the parts department he said there was only one Crank Position Sensor on the car ...

I think in your case it probably is down to the Cam Position Sensors as your car was cutting out while driving etc ..

I think as mine hasn't cut out on me at any point yet, and threw up a P0335 code it is most likely the Crank Position Sensor ...

What I am getting confused about is the difference between the "CPS A Circuit Malfunction" and "CPS Circuit Malfunction" ...

Woudn't replacing the Crank Position Sensor resolve any issues with both these errors if there were any?

Ok just picked up the part from Nissan and was advised that it is non-refundable as it's an electric component :dry:

Hope it does the trick ... I've got quite a few Zed related expenses comming up in a month ( P3 Service, Tax and MOT ) so would like to minimise the cost of this repair ... Gonna see if CS can arrange to fit me in sometime sooon!

Shire, let me know how it goes with your Zed ... Hope we both have it sorted for the weekend ...

• 3 years later...

Thread resurrection!

Did you guys solve your issues?

Currently have an 03 import which is running very rough, engine management light ON, SLIP light ON and VDC light ON...

It did go through an intermittent phase on running fine with just the management light on, but that seems to have passed and only runs rough with the 3 lights on now.

A friends OBDII wouldn't read the code - I have a friend with 'Nissan Consult 2' but is a fair distance away, will that work on imports??

Hoping for as cheap a fix as possible as I'm beyond skint after Christmas! Ho ho ho :surrender:

Edited by Cal

Thread resurrection!

Currently have an 03 import which is running very rough, engine management light ON, SLIP light ON and VDC light ON...

It did go through an intermittent phase on running fine with just the management light on, but that seems to have passed and only runs rough with the 3 lights on now.

A friends OBDII wouldn't read the code - I have a friend with 'Nissan Consult 2' but is a fair distance away, will that work on imports??

Hoping for as cheap a fix as possible as I'm beyond skint after Christmas! Ho ho ho :surrender:

You need a diffrent reader for JDM cars someone on here said about having one with lick to buy them :thumbs: ill see if i can find thread as it was not long ago

Thread resurrection!

Cal didn't you end up having a new engine in your car after to bought it?! Has this one gone too?

Thread resurrection!

Have you checked the battery. It can cause some weird things and with it being winter they show up more as battery is under more load.

Mike

Cheers, KC350Z, Ebized, Marzman...

I did Ricey, Lee sorted it for me... I very much doubt the engine has gone, from what I've read it has all the signs of a faulty crank sensor... But a few people have had similar symptoms with cam sensors.

My problem lies in lack of funds, so can't afford to be playing the lottery buying sensors... :surrender: I have a mate who lives an hour away with Nissan Consult 3, so I'm just trying to twist his arm to come down. Failing that, I guess I'll have to buy the JOBD.

Will get the battery checked just incase, cheers Mike :)

• 1 month later...