JDM JOBD code reader UPDATE!

Dblock

So I'm sure some of you know I've been looking for a JOBD/JDM code reader for a while since my OBD2 reader wouldnt work. Now I looked into blazt and cipher but they are a lil expensive ( although very good and you can do alot of stuff with them). I'm sure a few of you with JDM's have been looking for a code reader that works for a while, rather than doing the pedal dance. :wink:

Soooo, after Rich saying that some lambda codes could be stored which is true ( my other obd reader for the clio plugs into laptop and tells you such things) I thought I have got to get a code reader. So took a plunge on EBAY :scare: ! I wasn't really expecting it to work after many people saying unless you spend alot nothing reads JOBD. The one I got says JOBD on it so I thought well it must do it.

Came from Hong Kong took about 2 weeks to arrive. Plugged it in nothing. Crap. Read the manual :lol::blush:. Plugged it in again scrolled down to Nissan and press enter... Reading codes... IT WORKS!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo:I do have a code p0550 but that has been there for a while so its alright :lol:

So I bought the super expensive reader for the massive sum of I hope your sitting down as if you look up it costs £0000's to read JDM codes... £27.39 :lol:

Here is the link for it

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380503945578?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

So JDM code reading is just as easy as UK now and just as cheap.

• Like 1

Looks good.

When it says it clears codes, does that mean it can also reset the ecu?

i

Hey gilly,

No it will read and where applicable reset the code generated........

You can reset the ecu on the 350gt via the pedal method (similar to the 350z) or by disconnecting the battery overnight

Sai