My Nismo Splitter - Getting there!

Jak

I recently purchased a Nismo front splitter from a member on here via ebay. Won it for £72 which i was pleased with.

anyway, heres how it looked when it arrived:

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

All in pretty good condition, though in need of a respray even if my car was sunset lol! So then i had a think and decided to get it painted satin black and dropped it into the body shop.......... then i changed my mind!

I was looking at the pictures of my car next to the GTR and thought that the grey colour they use for the splitter etc on the GTR would be pretty good too - went down to the bodyshop to see if i was too late to change my mind and luckily it as in primer :phew:

Changed the colour to K11 Smoke - the same colour used on the GTR and heres how it looks now:

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

A few shots of it rested on the car (just to give an idea!)

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

Im pretty pleased to be honest just gotta get it fitted now - which i'm dreading doing to be honest. Normally up for having a go myself but drilling into the front of the bumper is a little nerve racking!

so what do you think?

Jak

Thanks guys - Nismo skirts and spats are definatly future go-ers plus spoiler in GM, however at the moment im trying to save to go to japan - just the price on this was to good to pass up considering its genuine Nismo too :blush:

i have a feeling the rest of the kit may end up being copies though unless similar bargains arise!

Its a shame the pics arnt that good (iPhone) as it dosnt really show the colour that well.

Jak

i have some nismo skirts that i'm putting on ebay soon, they need some work as they were damaged, but a good bodyshop should be able to get them up and running.

not sure what to ask for them, and they do need work, but they can be repaired. hence i'll put them on ebay with no reserve and a starting price of £5 will pm you if you like when they go live.

i had considered that - but think i will stick to the GM for the spoiler and the K11 for the rest, i really like the look of this car you see, may evenb get the stickers after the kit has been fitted, which i know may be a little contraversial on here!

http://www.desktopmachine.com/framepic. ... &size=1024

http://www.desktopmachine.com/framepic. ... &size=1024

its a shame i can't rest the splitter to look how it will when it's fitted cos at the mo it obviously sits too far out and at a slightly odd angle - still gives an idea though i guess!

Jak

i have some nismo skirts that i'm putting on ebay soon, they need some work as they were damaged, but a good bodyshop should be able to get them up and running.

not sure what to ask for them, and they do need work, but they can be repaired. hence i'll put them on ebay with no reserve and a starting price of £5 will pm you if you like when they go live.

What do you do to all these body kits Rich? :lol:

i really like the vinyls, though i'm not sure the girlfriend will, she'd probably say something along the lies of "it just looks like your trying too hard" or " it's a bit showey offey" :lol: She dosnt really get the whole car thing - more interested in books and dresses!

Jak

i really like the vinyls, though i'm not sure the girlfriend will, she'd probably say something along the lies of "it just looks like your trying too hard" or " it's a bit showey offey" :lol: She dosnt really get the whole car thing - more interested in books and dresses!

Jak

My missus is the same. She didnt like my new wheel colour, but now says it looks ace, its really grown on her. So do what you like, dont listen to them, you can always change it if you dont like it :teeth:

not this one, i have to drill holes into the front of the bumper to fit it :scare: am actually wondering if i took off the bits that go through the bumper whether some double sided sticky would hold that part and use the normal means of attaching it everywhere else?!

Jak

Jak

My missus is the same. She didnt like my new wheel colour, but now says it looks ace, its really grown on her. So do what you like, dont listen to them, you can always change it if you dont like it :teeth:

Been meaning to mention your new wheel colour :blush:

They look yellow in some pics :surrender: Are they darker in the flesh?

Jak

Been meaning to mention your new wheel colour :blush:

They look yellow in some pics :surrender: Are they darker in the flesh?

Yes, much nicer (and darker/bronzer) in the flesh :teeth:

What do you do to all these body kits Rich? :lol:

i buy damaged kits on the cheap, i sometimes repair them and then sell them on, or use them myself. i don't do the breaking by the way, its already broken when i get it.

as for stickers, last time i added a sunstrip to my mr2, my parents said it looked tarty,

i hate that word, "tarty", really pi$$ed me off, as i quite liked it. :dry: