Got to move !

pathfinder123

Only had my Z for 6 months, and I am starting to get paranoid about taking it out on the road.

Barely a week goes by without someone posting sad pictures of their Z which has tried to negotiate a roundabout, and failed.

I live near Milton Keynes which seems to have millions of the B****RS.

Where is the UK's version of a Scalextric layout ?

:headhurt:

S.

WHAT :bang::bang::bang::bang:

Personally I love roundabouts, theres 3 ways of taking them, nice and calm when theres other road users on them, really quick using a good racing line, or sideways with as much lock as possible. :drive1

If you dont feel in control of your car get yourself on a advanced driver training course in your own car where you can learn exactly what your car will do in different conditions and how to react when push it a little

http://www.carlimits.com/

All these people binning their cars must have come from a FWD background. I've only ever driven RWD and i never have problems (touch wood!). It never steps out on me unexpectedly.

I even like my stock bridgestone tyres as i feel that their levels of grip are quite progressive and i can control when i want to step it out... im not looking forward to upgrading as i used to run Falkens on my 19's and i didnt feel as happy not knowing where the edge of grip was, if that makes sense?

just make sure you have good tyres with good amount of tread left, and if the roundabout really bothers you take it in a higher gear, so instead of doing it in 2 gear do it in third, of if you'd do it in third, go and do it in fourth. you won't have the revs or the torque to spin you out then, but the engine has got plenty of pull to cope with it.

Hey Mate,

I live very close to MK and so do a few others. MadMarky and I were thinking of getting a mini meet going around the area if you're interested?

I know how you feel about the zed (although I'm totally cool when driving it). I never park mine hardly anywhere because I have this phobia about some dirty scummer keying it or something.

However, the general consensus towards the zed from everyone so far has been great - thumbs up, cameras out, the occasional "nice car mate" comment. I'm starting to realise I can't wrap it up forever and if something happens, it happens - thats life.

I got the car to really enjoy it - not so it puts fear into me. Maybe you should think of it the other way. :)

What really gave me confidence was a few weeks back two people parked up their couple of Ferrari F430s in a pretty bad area near me, yet people just walked past them pointing. Nothing happened to them all day. If that can happen to a couple of Ferraris then why not the zed? I doubt anything will happen to it.

In terms of driving, just keep it slow and eventually build confidence. Its when your trying to do something stupid that most accidents happen (like driving too fast around the roundabout in the wet). Also, think about going on a track day - you can really push the car until it slides out, except in a controlled environment it won't glide into something.The instructor will just show you that it will just come to a hault.

This way you know the limits of what the car can do (so you know roundabouts won't cause you a problem at certain speeds in certain conditions).

Hi Anubis,

Yes, not too far away at Woburn Sands and a meet would be great.

The problem I have is, that with age comes experience, but also caution.

Done a fair bit of hooning around in the past, together with track sessions, skid pan and various other training. Driven a fair number of cars over the last 45 years, and to date only crashed two...

You are right, much too good a car to leave in the garage, besides which the up and over garage door could always fall down on it's roof !

Cheers

S.

Personally I love roundabouts, theres 3 ways of taking them, nice and calm when theres other road users on them, really quick using a good racing line, or sideways with as much lock as possible. :drive1

If you dont feel in control of your car get yourself on a advanced driver training course in your own car where you can learn exactly what your car will do in different conditions and how to react when push it a little

I quite fancy doing this as a birthday treat. Are there any recommended ones further oop north act23.gif

I quite fancy doing this as a birthday treat. Are there any recommended ones further oop north act23.gif

not sure, im from daaan saaouth :yahoo: