CAMPIONI DEL MONDO 2006!

Removed

What a night! these guys made me proud to be Italian again, against all odds, especially on penalties, they just gave it all and were perfect! At the beginning of the World Cup I would have been happy to get into the Semis, with a team of hard working footballers and no special superstars or primadonnas. Lippi once again showed that you don't need to have a team full of superstars to win! What a night, I was 7 in 1982 and still remember it, and so this victorious night will stay with me forever! Manchester was Italian for one night, I thought I'd be on my own celebrating, instead....

:#1:

Image004%7E3.jpg

normal_Image005%7E2.jpg

normal_Image008%7E4.jpg

normal_Image009%7E4.jpg

Image011%7E1.jpg

Image012%7E1.jpg

Image013%7E1.jpg

Image014%7E0.jpg

Image015%7E0.jpg

normal_Image016%7E0.jpg

normal_Image017%7E0.jpg

normal_Image018%7E0.jpg

normal_Image021%7E0.jpg

more pics here http://www.350z-uk.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=85

I heard shedloads of cheering and stuff last night - at least I can actually see who was responsible for it now!! :lol:

A quality game last night, great performance by both sides. Particularly good to see Italy going forward and trying to score. Ridiculous to see such a legend as Zindane go out like that though, very very disappointing and inexcusable. Congrats Val, well deserved :clap:

Congrats, Val! :#1: I see my support gave them just the push they needed! :p

I think our lads could do with a bit of penalty coaching from the Italians - that's how you win a penalty shoot out, no f@ck ups!

Nice to see the celebrations in Manchester - didn't go near our city centre so don't know if there were many scouse Italians out..........

mind you it's not as if we had the best record on penalties shootouts ourselves... :ninja: I guess they have finally learnt! :teeth:

@AndyC yeah it was me and another 150/200 Italians celebrating :teeth:

really we were completely unfit from the 2nd half onwards, you could tell they wouldn't go forward anymore! :lol: even better winning when you struggle though :teeth::teeth::teeth:

According to the MD of Paintshield france (Who I rang this morning) apperently he was called an Algerian terrorist or something similar according to the French Press, no excuse I know but a bit more understandable if true :boxing:

Cheers

Tom

Yeah I assumed it would be something about his background as he was born in Algeria. Had to be something like that......

as you say, no excuse as must have had that before...... but can understand why he lost it.

• 3 years later...