Oh for flock sake!

srobrien

Hey some of you might have seen i am getting a portion of my interior flocked. Ive been having a think about it and i recon this may be the way forward for the whole boot interior. Trouble is i can't decide on colours, i would like something different but i don't want it to look minging. GetFlocked have quite a small range of colours, but do i stick with grey or black do combos of both or something different?

Here is the colour chart to choose from (bear in mind the colours may not be trully representative on the monitor)

Cheers

Ross

Untitled-1.jpg

I was thinking about plain black for the surrounding plastics but im liking the red idea for the strut brace cover, i think it would look awsome, not sure how easy it would be to change if i decided i didn't like it though, Grey for the strut brace is the easy option.

Are they able to run 2 colours next to each other on the same panel?

Out of interest... ( ;) ) can you flock a headliner?

Im not sure mate, give them an email, they are really helpfull.

R :thumbs:

I was thinking about plain black for the surrounding plastics but im liking the red idea for the strut brace cover, i think it would look awsome, not sure how easy it would be to change if i decided i didn't like it though, Grey for the strut brace is the easy option.

Im not sure mate, give them an email, they are really helpfull.

R :thumbs:

Just had a search around the web and it seems you can flock the headliner, looks quite smart.

Any thought from them if it will fade in the sun?

As an option you could go with some orange from the middle of the boot ie 6 inchs either side of the boot latch, get a section added (or a new boot liner) follow it over the speaker area and then go down the centre console and up to the window... Then add some accents to the doors? Start wider at the back and narrow to the centre console?

Thinking if you can do 2 colours next to each other you could get a 07 door card effect?

Just a thought...

Hello mate one thing i'd ask is how your intending to use the car?

Flocked plastic in cubby boxes or dash boards lasts pretty well but boot plastics etc if contacted regulary with luggage will wear, at first it'll go shiney but then will start to wear off.

Also if you change the colour from black you drawing attention to the fit and finish of the adjoining panels. If there are gaps the black will hide them, contrasting colours will accentuate any flaws and larger panel gaps tend to look cheaper and less well built

Hello mate one thing i'd ask is how your intending to use the car?

Flocked plastic in cubby boxes or dash boards lasts pretty well but boot plastics etc if contacted regulary with luggage will wear, at first it'll go shiney but then will start to wear off.

Also if you change the colour from black you drawing attention to the fit and finish of the adjoining panels. If there are gaps the black will hide them, contrasting colours will accentuate any flaws and larger panel gaps tend to look cheaper and less well built

Yup i totally agree, i think im gonna go for all black and pick up colour accents else where in the car :thumbs:

No stanski im offshore for it, well gutted, hopefully i'll be able to make it to the next big meet though.

R

you can flock on top of flock so its east to mix colours,other way is to mask it of but you wont get a good line,you can flock anything even a headliner,i think sparkle black looks good, if you had an embosed type of badge and pressed it in to the flock while the glue is still soft it flattens the flock in to the glue and looks like a brand mark.