Camber Q's

docwra

I test fitted my new wheels last night and due to the enormous front caliper and stupid wheels its lookign like Im going to need a 20mm spacer just to clear the brakes. This will leave my wheels (at least at the front) sticking out rather a lot, so it looks like me old mate camber is going to have to enter the room. :thumbs:

As I understand it, the Z33 has a double wishbone setup at the front, but which wishbone would a camber arm attach to? Also, is 2.5 degrees of camber realistic on a Zed, or do higher levels knacker up the handling??

Finally, has anyone had any major archwork done, and got pics of the outcome? I really want to fit these rims but its a bit touch and go atm :dry:

Nice one - looks like its the upper wishbone that camber adjusts off of.

Phil @ Archenemy is a mate of mine and Paul/Pablo was at my house about 3 weeks ago donig the arches on my Onevia - I highly recommend both of them :thumbs:

Can you get him to do me a better deal then!!!! ;)

I've recently had some coilivers fitted and the front camber is a 'little' off. Left front is -3 degree 03 and right front is -1 degree 40, I've noticed that at higher speeds I get alot of vibration though the steering wheel. I'll be buying the camber arma quite soon and looking to dial out the camber.

I'm running quite high camber on mine and it handles great but you go through the insides of tyres very fast :surrender:

Front or rear?

Mine is same setup as yours, front was ok, rears needed pulling in with the cusco camber / toe arms from the +4 they were at!

You get any arch rub on the rears in corners?

I'm running quite high camber on mine and it handles great but you go through the insides of tyres very fast :surrender:

Front or rear?

Mine is same setup as yours, front was ok, rears needed pulling in with the cusco camber / toe arms from the +4 they were at!

You get any arch rub on the rears in corners?

No but its very close, I can't get a finger in between my wheel and the arch. Definitely doesnt rub though. I had my alloys powder coated (GTS's same as yours) and new Falkens on the rear and I had to keep tightening them every day as the extra thickness of the powdercoat between the alloy and the hub needed squishing as it was making it rub. Bit scary when you are going round a corner and one of the rears decides to brake on its own :lol:

At least that will match the rears then :D

How much is quite high?? What are your wheel specs too if you dont mind me asking :)

At least that will match the rears then :D

How much is quite high?? What are your wheel specs too if you dont mind me asking :)

+4 19" +22 on 10.5 rears, lowered by about 35 to 40mm on my rears

19 inch Volk GTS wheels 9.5 front and 10.5 rear with Falken FK452s

The suspension was set up when I bought it by Fletch at ESR but GT4 Zed guessed by eye that I was running about 2 degrees negative camber.

So you were sticking out at the top like / rather than \ ? (Working on the principle this / is neg andd \ is pos !) What suspension? and drop?

The suspension was set up when I bought it by Fletch at ESR but GT4 Zed guessed by eye that I was running about 2 degrees negative camber.

So you were sticking out at the top like / rather than \ ? (Working on the principle this / is neg andd \ is pos !) What suspension? and drop?

/--\ is how mine are running on K&W variant 3. Dropped about 35mm I think

pretty sure negative camber is /--\ and positive is \--/

/--\ is how mine are running on K&W variant 3. Dropped about 35mm I think

pretty sure negative camber is /--\ and positive is \--/

If I was running /--\ then i was running 4 of them!! Am guessign you will be the same as there isnt anywhere near enough movement on the stock arms to pull it all back in line... So GT4Zed may be slightly out!! I think I was on the limit when I was running 4....

I'm not going to argue with you about the technical side of things as I don't have a clue really.

Dont know if this is any help?

Wasnt arguing, I was telling you!! ;) looks more towards 4 on the motion and 2 when standing! Only place that will tell is the allignment place I guess!

I cant see why somebody would want a pos camber??? :wacko:

I v got 2.40 f (or -2.40 if you prefer then) and -1.5 (or +1.5 if you prefer / \ ) toe and -2.60 rear. Thats with A arms front and the camber kit rear. There is understeer...which gets better the more you push and its easily adjusted with the throttle as rear traction is superb now.

Thats mainly because the car's weight distribution is messed up. Needs increase of ride height by 1.5cm front as its 2 cm lower now rear and about 4cm lower front or thats what i want to think anyway.

Turn in is lightning quick but its a bit of a nightmare to keep on a straight line on the motorway.... :dry: